1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deflector

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 06Sierra, Oct 20, 2011.

1. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I want to put a deflector on the plow for this winter. I know a lot of guys just run a rubber deflector. Anyone use the S.A.M. Thermoplastic one? Pros and cons to either one?

2. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

3. 06Sierra

from Maine

4. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

I just put on the Rubber Sam Snow Deflector. I can't wait to try it out. Looks pretty tough, we will see how long it lasts.

Here are some pictures.

IMG-20111015-00128.jpg

IMG-20111015-00129.jpg

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The Sam's aren't stiff enough imo. Go OEM, or fab yourself. You can buy the hardware kit seperate if you can get a roll of thick sturdy rubber.

6. 06Sierra

from Maine

I found a place on line that sells the kits. They look pretty good compared to the sam. I was debating between rubber and plastic. Looking at it, it looks like the plastic one would stick straight out to the front. Not sure if I would care for that.

7. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

9. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

Biggest con to thermoplastic is stacking snow sooner or later your going to ruin it. The rubber has to be strong for the same reason, if not your going to slice it. Buy it as wide as you can get it so when it cuts you can drill new holes and reuse it

10. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

I just put a rubber deflector on and when I am driving down the road the deflector starts going up and down shaking the whole truck. Any way to stop this?

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yep post #8 in here i posted 2 links click the second one .