1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deflector

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Mike57, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Mike57

Mike57 Member

My deflector broke off tonight....and my salt spreader broke too (not Salt dogg)....bad day,but easy to fix stuff.

2. slone

slone Senior Member

the deflector should be under warranty. i took mine off and replaced it with a rubber one. the deflector stuck out too far for me. when back dragging snow close to a house i was creaseing down spouts. cheaper to replace the deflector than to keep fixing down spouts. nice idea for a deflector it just stuck out to far.

3. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

It do hang out there for sure. Set mine on the back bumper of a car. Used to it now, no damage to car either.

4. Mike57

Mike57 Member

I talked with Jim at SD. I will be replacing the original with a rubber deflector. I love those guys, they are extremely helpful!

5. mikef54

mikef54 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Agree mine broke first season hard plastic cold weather bad mix. Where do I get a rubber deflector and approximate cost.

6. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Mine broke again. I never ran one before and never desired one so ok not replacing it. One less thing to worry about.

7. Mike57

Mike57 Member

Your local distributor or dealer might be able to hook you up. Mine did not have one in stock and arranged to have one shipped to my home. My plow is still under warranty. Jim informed me that they would replace the deflector one time under warranty with either the original plastic one or the rubber one (which is apparently ugly) but I don't have a plow for the fashion of it!

Good luck.

8. npi9181

npi9181 Member

mike we carry the rubber deflector in stock

ken @ niagara

9. Mike57

Mike57 Member

Thank you Buyers for drop shipping a deflector under warranty. And thanks to RH scales in Springfield, Ma for arranging the warranty paperwork. I was beginning to think that since my dealer went out of business that I was up the creek without a paddle, but Snow Dogg really stands behind their stuff. THANKS!!!!