1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deflector or Snow foil?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by neucaptain, Aug 10, 2007.

1. neucaptain

neucaptain Junior Member
    from NH

Does anyone have input on which would be better - a snow foil or rubber deflector for an 8' Fisher plow?

I've used the snow foils in the past, but have always had a problem with the bolts snapping no matter what I do. The foil works great, but half way through the storm it usually ends up getting damaged. So I guess I'm looking for recommendations with the foil compared to the deflector.

I assume the deflector would be low maintainence, but how does it handle if you were plowing streets? Is there a lot of splash over at high speeds?

2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Foil or Deflector

Hello,

I also have an 8' Fisher and I had a sno-foil on it when I purchased the truck. I used it for three years and I had issues with the bolts breaking and the foil itself broke up and needed to be welded. I switched to a conveyor belt deflector last year and it worked great. I wouldn't go back to the foil and it is now in a pile to goto the scrap guy.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Personally, I hated the rubber flap, it caused a lot of air turbulance and when there was light fluffy snow plowing at any decent speed, it would cause snow to fly up on the windshield quite a bit. I took it off and like it a lot better stock.