1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deezee Cab Headache Rack

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by joshg, Jan 11, 2014.

1. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

2. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

I have this rack in black and love it have bought three for previous trucks and have it on my new truck only thing that was a challenge was finding a way to mount my mini bar but the way it looks is worth it

3. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Thanks for the feedback, How does the black finish hold up?

4. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

It holds up great I haven't had it long on my Denali but had it for 2 years on the 450 and didn't fade at all when it's washed it still looks new and it's not a cheap paint job either I bumped it a few times putting the light bar on and it didn't flake the paint off ✔️

5. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

I grabbed the deezee on ebay for good price and easy transaction. I finally got it mounted and am in the middle of getting the toolbox back on which proved to be a little challenging. When I am done I'll post a picture.

6. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Rack has been great. I used some toggle anchors make sure the tool box I have on top and the rack are very securely mounted. They worked out well.

[​IMG]

7. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Next step is to mount some lights, perhaps at the inside corners using a simple bracket and some T-nuts. Anyone have any tips? Run the wiring through the channel in the rack to corner and then into the cab?

8. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I believe you mentioned pics. And how did you end up wiring it? I may get the matching rear rack for ladders if the need arises.

9. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

sorry didn't get the lights on yet. When I get there I'll post back...

10. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Trying to decide on a rack for my truck, so I'm looking forward to your opinions.
    How securely doe it mount? How exactly does it mount?

11. NHCraigT

NHCraigT Member
    from NH

I have a black louvered Dee Zee cab rack.
    I installed the larger Dee Zee light mounts, and placed a CPS Authority mini light bar with magnetic mounts on those.
    This allows me to be able to remove the light bar from the top of the rack (and temporarily place it on the cap roof), if I have to load extension ladders, staging, lumber, etc. - onto the cab rack (I also have a back rack rear bed mount bar, to support things).

The cab rack, light mounts, and mini light bar magnetic bases are super solid and good quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  12. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

I have the same rack on my Ram 2500 ! It's a Bad Azz Rack & Aluminum too!

13. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

14. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

With the Tbolts I used for mounting my toolbox on top of it I found it to be very secure. It uses some hardware through the stake pockets in standard configuration. I beefed it up with my box.

15. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

Same rack as mine! Nice!