1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere Worksite PRO snow pushers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

anyone use one? Anything good/bad compared to any other standard brands like buyers/snowdogg, protech etc?

I'd rather go with a fancier push box as our 3rd box but the dealer will wrap attachments to the new skid steer into the finance package.

It appears to be similar in weight to the protechs we use now,

our 8' is 800lbs
    our 10' is 950lbs

Deeres 10' is 1,035lbs ... in the pictures they look flimsy though? is it just the photo angle maybe? Id hate to spend another 3k on a box that isnt as tough as id think others on the market are.

Frontier "in green" makes a 9' steel trip edge for $3400ish but its not for skid steers, its for the deere loader tractors, which we had our brackets removed and changed out to the quick coupler attachments for skids right off the bat when bought new.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/cons...dia/pdf/attachments/DKASPCWP_snow_pushers.pdf

http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/cons...steer_attachments/skidsteer_snow_pushers.html

Why do some models, like this one, have that front top bracket, just as extra support?

Is this there because the main box isnt as thick of steel and needs the reinforcement or maybe thats why it weighs MORE than a protech?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The front bracket is a back drag edge.

3. Premier

Premier Senior Member

looks good by me, i am considering one myself.

4. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I'd rather get a Protech, they have backdrag models too. When do you get the 332D?

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Buy something with steel trip.

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Why does it always have to be Protech?

7. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Well, to me it looks like its a little sturdier because of the triangular wedge bracing on the side panels.

8. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Personaly I think the Deere is a POS!!.

It looks like they just kept bolting crap to it, as Ideas popped into their heads.

The one that our dealer has had for 2 years, is way to tall to see over, and it costs WAY to much. We're talking close to the price of an Arctic.

J.

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Hey!

Why don't you tell us what you really think.

LOL :drinkup:

10. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a guy hear in PA that is building "The Drifter" snow pushers. Real nice set up and he has those back drag edges too. Tell me what size you are looking for and I'll get you numbers.