1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

deere skid with new tires!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by grosser397, Jan 8, 2011.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

got some new tall tires yesterday on my 260 2 speed. things are so sweet , so much better traction. there 22.5 semi tires that are 37" tall!

skid tires.jpg
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That thing has to haul @ss with 2 speed and those tall tires.
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Where did you find 22.5's with that offset and lug pattern?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Gemplers not sure on the spelling
  5. dowd0027

dowd0027 Junior Member

I just put those same tires on a s185 last week. They really make a difference in speed and traction. Mine isn't a 2 speed though, that thing is going to be dangerous fast.
  6. dowd0027

dowd0027 Junior Member

Westside Tire in Hamel, MN would be my guess.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Are those dedicated snow tires...or just reg all weather semi tires? I'm sure its an improvement over stock, and a couple mph faster.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Could you post the supplier? also it looks like you have an larger bucket but does a standard bucket sit somewhat level or is that why you changed buckets also?
  9. dowd0027

dowd0027 Junior Member

Not to hijack thread but those tires will lift machine almost 7 inches from a 10x16.5 or four inches from a 12x16.5 tire. I had to do some fab work to allow my avalanche snow pusher to sit level. With a bucket it isn't so bad because you never really run the bucket flat on the ground like you would if you were grading dirt. Westside tire in MN sells these snow kits. The tires are just recapped semi tires and I don't know where the wheels come from. A buddy of mine says Pioneer rim and wheel makes them, but I am not sure. I paid around $1,300 out the door for my set.
  10. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

I have a set on my 2Speed S250 and i just took some off of a gravity box that we have at the farm and they mounted up just fine, idk if anyone else has done that but it has worked great for me.
  11. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

some directional winter deep caps would work good on them rims, also if you are worried about height then you could go with a lo-profile tire, cut off a couple of inches
  12. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

bucket i bought from a guy off craigslist that had it made for a TLB and i welded a skid steer plate on it and put mesh across the top thing works sweet. it works fine tho with either tires along with my blade. pretty sure its only 3.5 inches taller. yes the rims are a 8 on 8 argiculture rim with recap semi tires. no pioneer rim doesnt have them. westside had a heck of time getting them lucky i got a connection there because there is a waiting list about 20 long and some how managed to get a set.
  13. Sam_French

Sam_French Junior Member

grosser397 Thank You for posting pics. Could you list what the actual tire size is? Are you going to use these tires for regular skid steer work as well?

Dowd0027 and Plowingkid35 could you post pics as well. I have similar sized machine and been looking at options for tires for some time.

Thank You
  14. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

Tommy what size tires are those? We've been thinking about getting some for the 445 Case.
  15. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I'm picking up a set tomorrow, they are the 245/70/19.5 size. I think they are 34.75" tall, had to measure to make sure they would fit on my Case 440. You guys still like them after using them for a season?

Thanks for the heads up on the ag rims, will have to check that out.
  16. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

I absolutely LOVED mine, everything worked out great for me, the only problem that I ran into was on my A-300 because that machine has the all wheel steer option, but other than that I would have to say that its been great for me so far.
  17. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I don't know how I missed this thread, if I would have found it earlier I would have tried putting a set together on my own. The dealer here has sold 3-4 sets now so they are getting out a little more.
  18. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Roll back a second Grosser, that picture is from today? didn't you say your from Rogers? cause I was in maple grove 30 minutes ago and the grass was green?
  19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Pic was posted on 1-11-11
  20. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Sorry, my bad. Wanted to hear more on the stomper tires. :)