1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere high speed dozer pushin snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Jan 28, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

2. granitefan713

granitefan713 Senior Member
    from PA

That looks like a lot of fun. All it needs is a snow pusher.:D
    Thanks for sharing, I've heard talk about this video, but could never find it.
  3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Wow, those are sweet machines.
  4. PTSolutions

ya, i really wonder what it could do with a big 16'+ pusher on it. looks like it can handle that deep, packed snow and some dirt pretty well though, lol

a guy on lawnsite snapped some pics and vid of one he saw at a dealer:

5. PTSolutions

6. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

That is a bada$$ looking machine, I would love to be able to run one of those things it was pushin a lot of snow without a problem!! I want one:nod:
  7. PTSolutions

it seems that its only logical use could be snow removal? who grades at 16mph?? can laser topography systems keep up with that pace?

all the construction guys on lawnsite at the heavy equip forum said the same thing, dozers have been used for years and what do they do maybe 6mph when grading?
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't let Connor see it! He'll have an analysis how that could be done much faster with less wasted energy. All with a machine that was designed 75 years ago.

That's quite a rig. Fast, nimble, powerful, superb visibility, quiet for the operator. I would imagine that's the future of earthmoving? Pretty cool how well the snow rolls off the front of that dozer blade.
  9. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

Damn that would be perfect for us!
  10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

11. wellnermp

wellnermp Senior Member
    from Alaska

We used the Trimble GPS machine control up here on an airport job and it was pretty snappy when using the automatics. 16 mph might still be a little hot though! That's a neat machine for sure.
  12. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

there was actually a thread about this machine a few weeks ago. if i remember right, we didnt have this video, but we came to the conclusion that it would be best suited for a monsterous pusher and other than that it would be over kill. it would be nice tho for a huge site that you had to go from one side or the other or even down the road a piece.
  13. ssprtman12

ssprtman12 Junior Member
    from MA

:nono: stealing Dirtmans pictures i see! lol
  14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I can't see it being much of a snow removal machine for clean work. Ground pressure is pretty light at 6 psi. And 16mph isn't that fast for between jobs, a 624 is 50% faster at 24.5 mph. Both the 624 and the HSD weigh about 33K, same engine. I'd rather have that weight on four tires, than those four big tracks.
  15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree. I've never seen a high speed dozer before, they look very cool. I think they would be good on larger sies where the dozer needs to move around alot. Also when your grading it will allow you to bck up very quickly. Also you can turn around on pavement and turf without damage.
  16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Another place it will excell is running box scrapers. Load them up and boogie to the dump site.
  17. PTSolutions

the jcb fastracs are really cool, approx 28-30K lbs on 4 big tires, 40mph, that would make a pretty good snow machine
  18. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not sure that's the right term, I think they might be called "earth moovers" or scrapers, but either way, that was my first thought. Hate to admit that I see eye-to-eye with you though! :dizzy::waving:

Another great use that I can see would be as a snowmobile trail groomer. Would probably be the strongest, trouble-free groomer of all time.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  19. PTSolutions

caught me! at least i mentioned that someone on lawnsite posted them!
  20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It wouldn't be that great on a scraper pan with only 200hp.