1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

deere 8875

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by elite1msmith, Dec 12, 2008.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

hey guys dumb question i know

my used machine came with no service manuels

how do i flip the cab up? i assume it does? i know how the seat flips up

it seems liek a really easy machine to service , all the panels just lift right off

also there is a red hand over my right shoulder, i assume thats a safty lock for the boom rasied while working?

2. stauffer.80

stauffer.80 Junior Member

The red lever is the boom lock, push it out after the boom is raised and lower it onto the pins. As for tilting the cab, the whole loader boom and cab are together, and it all flips forward. I don't remember where the bolts are, but unless you are doing some major service like rebuilding the hydraulic pump, I don't think you would need to flip it all up. We have had New Holland skidloaders like that since 1995, and we have yet to flip the whole thing up like that.

3. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

THey make a special jack to do it with, On my 6675, I know it would make it alot easier to adjust the brake lever with the cab raised, but it looks like kind of a PITA to do.

4. elite1msmith

from chicago

how about the hydro dump valves both for the boom , and drive system?

5. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

That I Don't know. I flipped through the manual & couldn't get a clear view of where they are. I do know if you remove the 6 bolts holding that steel plate on between your feet & remove that, it opens the hydraulics up considerably. I'd start there. You may also have to remove the front step plate to get the center plate off. Makes life easier.

6. elite1msmith

from chicago

yeah , i had to replace the starter today , andn the boom was down , ....not fun ...after we got one bolt in , i hot worred it , started and raised th eboom made life alot better.. i thought about just crackign open the hydro line , and puttign the air jack to it.. but i didnt want to make a mess in the parking lot