1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere 8875 questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigmackmiller, Nov 19, 2014.

1. bigmackmiller

bigmackmiller Member

Hey All, just picked up a John Deere 8875, ended up finding it for a pretty good buy, needs a little TLC but runs good. I am looking to use this in snow removal but have the downside of it being an open rops. I have already sourced a cab kit on ebay, but I am trying to figure out how to T into the coolant system to get heat in the cab. I was curious if anyone has one, or has installed a heater in theirs that I could get some pics of? It appears there maybe a couple plugs around the thermostat, and water pump but thats about all I can come up with.

2. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

I have a 6675 I did the same thing to. I can take some pics of the engine compartment tomorrow, But yea, I just tapped into the coolant system on the top. I had a smaller maradyne heater for about 4-5 years before the fan finally crapped out, I went with the larger version last year & am quite happy with it. I'll snap a pic of that as well.

3. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Auto parts should have what you need. Similar to when you want to flush the coolant system

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

2 T s and some heater hose. Not to mention coolant. And bleed it for awhile.

5. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

I found a plug on top of engine block that I threaded a port into.

6. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

There is a plug on the water pump u can tap into and a plug on the front of the motor on the right side u can use also if u don't have the factory block heater in it

7. bigmackmiller

bigmackmiller Member

Ok thanks guys, did end up finding a diagram showing the plugs in the block and water pump today, but would still love to see the pics of your setups if you have some to help give me some direction. Do you happen to know the thread size of the plugs?

Was thinking about using this kit from summit racing

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-991102-1/overview/

Here's a pic of the old girl, not the prettiest one but runs good around 2500hrs.

[​IMG]

8. dieselss

No. Don't get that one. Maradyne?

9. bigmackmiller

bigmackmiller Member

10. dieselss

Sorry not what I meant. That's really for a car. Might not hold up in a skid. Plus the wiring isn't really fun

11. bigmackmiller

bigmackmiller Member

Oh I'm with you now, does maradyne have something similar other than their floor mount models for skids?

12. lawnboy2121

I have the factory heater it mounts on the back of the cab over the rear window on the outside

13. dieselss

I'd have to search.

14. lawnboy2121

U can check for a heater for a new holland 885 also same machine different motor

15. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

I was told that the heater needed to be low in order to work efficiently, however that makes no sense since they put factory heaters as high as they can get them..... mine is a maradyne, no sure where I got it. I ran the heater hose under the plates covering the centering assb.

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

16. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

it didn't download the other pic, img failed to download. that's the one that shows the access to the block. from rear of machine, just to right of oil fill. Tho I'm sure you have a different engine than mine...

17. dieselss

Who puts them high up? I've never seen one

18. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

look at a pic of a deere or new Holland, the bump out from the rear of the cab I ASSUME is the heater / ac. Might just be ac I guess...

19. lawnboy2121

The factory heaters r mounted on the outside of the cab on top obove the rear window the heater hoses run up along the back of the cab. The factory heater works great we been plowing with ours sines 96 and never had any issues always have to open a window because it gets to hot

20. bigmackmiller

bigmackmiller Member

Yeah I was thinking about building a box similar to the factory one off the rear and then use that setup from summit and run my vent hoses up in the cab, thanks for the pics!