1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere 6675 starting problem

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by In2toys, Dec 7, 2008.

1. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

First off great forum guys & gals, Most times I can find my problem by searching, but not this time.

Here's the scoop... I've had the machine about 8 months now with very few problems. About 2 months ago I added some lights as there were no factory lights. Just some basic off road lights, nothing real high amperage. Shortly after it developed an intermittent deal where when you tried to start it the display would display the glow plug light & it would just click & not start. If you pushed the service start switch to service, it will start right up. Push the service switch back to run & then you reset the seat belt & it runs fine. It displays F 03 after that. I assume that's a code going from service to run ... It didn't matter if the machine was warmed up or cold.
    Last week I added a maradyne heater & now I have to go through the above actions every time I start it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. stauffer.80

stauffer.80 Junior Member

Sounds like low battery power. We had a NH Lx665 which is of the same age and design, and it would sometimes start goofy until we replaced the battery.

3. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Here's some better / more accurate info. This actually started before I installed the extra electrical stuff. That came to me about 530 this am as my mind was working... Anywho, the ignition switch was also wobbly & would not hold the key in, so I replaced that with a switch from NAPA thinking that was the cause of the funky starting. It did the same starting deal even with the new switch. The code is also actually F 04. The only juice the heater takes is to run the fan as it's hot water heat.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Had one with a similar prob. It was a relay in the fuse panel.

5. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

I'll check that out. Don't spose you remember which one??

6. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

It was the starter interlock relay. Thanks guys.

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

hey were is that relay located?

8. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

On the fuse panel in the engine compartment. it has a screw, top & bottom holding it on. 6 terminals on it. As you are looking at the panel it's on the left hand side. Let me know if you need a part number. $43 at the local JD dealer...