1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere 5083e tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buddhaman, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Buying a new Deere 5083e for snow removal. Mostly open commercial lots. I plan on putting a 10' snow pusher on the loader. What tires would work best? The r1, r4 or I can get turf tires by galaxy called mighty mow? I don't plan on filing them, should be enough weight there as I will have a salter on the rear as well. Thanks for any help.
  2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Stay away from turf tyres. You'll be very sorry.

Pretty sure my tractors have the R1's and they work pretty well.
  3. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I have the same tractor w a 10' protech and have R1 tires and have no problems. No weight in tires but do have a weight box on rear w about 750lbs in it.
  4. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I think R4's are the worse case. They don't do anything well unless your using your machine in an industrial situation where you don't want to pick up debris and need tire protection. I have R1 radials on my new 5 series. It came with them but they really are supposed to be the best gripping in slippery conditions given some rear weight. I have hardened studded logging chains on the rear of my smaller tractor with R1's. They actually are more inclined to slip on hard pavement. Good on ice though. They chew up asphalt as a bonus...
  5. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I pick it up tomorrow with the r1 tires. Just in time as we are forecast 6" Sunday. The pro tech 10' pusher should be here tomorrow as well.
  6. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have a set of turf tires for that tractor I am willing to part with cheep if you are interested in having a set.