1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere 4310 vs NH TC33D

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Moose's Mowing, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

Anyone have any experience running either of these two tractors?

JD 4310 4x4 hydro w/loader 900 hours

New Holland TC33d 4x4 hydro w/loader 1100 hours

Good, bad ugly like/dislikes?

Thanks

2. cartec01

cartec01 Junior Member

I have an 06 tc33da. I think it is a great tractor, and I like it better then the Deere's I have or have used. I am not sure what year the NH you are asking about is but mine has the newer hood and lights and I can tell you visibility of the loader is so much better then the deere 4200 and 970. When I am on the 970 it feels big and bulky compared to the tc33. The one thing that is a double edged sword is the hydros. They limit speed and productivity in my opinion, but the ease of use and working in tight area's is more important to me.
    That being said I will selling the tc33da this spring or sooner with 550hrs. because I would like to add another skid steer. That will leave me with only the deere 750 for mowing acreage. I was a Deere man for a long time, but IMHO the New Holland is tops, with Kubota second.

3. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

thanks for the info. I had a Kioti LB1914 gear drive but no loader. I sold that to "upgrade" to a Kubota B3030 with a loader. I like the hydro for loader work and it makes mowing way easier and faster. Just turning around and being more nimbal cut my bush hogging time by a 1/3. I just hated that Kubota. Felt real cheap. The sheet metal rattled like hell, the entire drivers platform would flex everytime you stepped on it. Very weak loader, 4x4 sucked, sometimes it would just shut off for no reason. Had to let it sit for a few minutes then it'd be good again. It only had 1600 hours on it, but I just sold it. Nothing was wrong with it per se, I just hated it.

I read some bad things about the Deere 4310 being that it's too complicated to fix. Lots of electrical gremlins with all the fancy features they put on it. I've read a few New Hollands broke in half up near the bell housing. Everything else I read about the NH seemed to be positive. The one I found is a 2000 model year with about 1000 hours.

I looked at a Bobcat 230 the other day with 800 hours. It had a rental sticker on it so I guess it was a rental machine. It was beat to hell which sucks cause I was impressed with it until it died on me in the parking lot. Very comfy, good visibility, strong loader, ran smooth and quiet. The paint seemed sub-par though and it had a lot of surface rust on it. I guess those Bobcats are a Kioti knock-off and are pretty much the same tractor as the CK30. I really liked my old Kioti, that thing was only 20hp, but it was solid, heavy and felt like a tank compared to these newer tractors that feel more like my sedan.

Anyway, between the Deere and the NH, the Deere had a few more hp with heavier capacities on the loader and 3pt, but all the pto's are electrical and I'm leery about all the computer stuff on that model. I know Deere uses a lot of plastic too, but it's still a few lbs heavier than the NH.

Here's a few pics of the NH

image.jpeg

image2.jpeg

4. JohnDeere2320

JohnDeere2320 Member

What is the dealer situation in your area? I don't even know where the nearest NH dealer is in my area, as the 2 biggest players in my area of mid Michigan are John Deere and Kubota, with Deere being in the number 1 spot. It's never fun to have to drive for an hour to pick up a part.

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Wrong post lol

6. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

not sure on a local dealer, I do all my own repairs/maintenance and usually just order the stuff online. I live in a very farm oriented area and we have lots of tractor places if I need a part asap. I'm sure I can track one down within an hours drive.

7. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

Go with the NH TC33D, I had one a few years ago. Good tractor for plowing and salting. I had a Sims cab on mine. I traded mine in for a NH 2320 , with factory cab. I have a 8' ProTeck Pusher on front and a 7" Land Pride blade on back, with end plates. Got the big turf tires does a great job at snow plowing. Great visibility, better that any truck plow.
    All total I have 5 NH tractors for plowing from 25hp to 80hp. You can't beat NH blue!

8. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

ended up getting the NH. Stopped at my shop and welded some hooks on the bucket right away. Didn't use it for anything yet but I played around a bit when I got home. Nice strong loader, fairly heavy little tractor. WORLDS better than a Kubota. very quiet, runs real smooth. Hydro drive is much smoother than the Kubota's and is more responsive. The drivers seat even swivels a little for when you're looking backwards all day. Hopefully this thing holds up and does well for me. So glad I dumped that pile of crap Kubota, I'll never own another one of those. Here's a pic of it

NH1.jpg

9. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

Good choice you'll be happy with that tractor. Get yourself a Sims cab with heater. You'll be even happier to be out of the elements.
    Good luck with the TC33D.

10. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

this won't see much, if any, snow work. Mainly for bush hogging, mulch, moving heavy stuff, and whatever else comes up. One thing I want to find is a quick attach for the FEL. Having trouble locating something that isn't 800 bucks or more. I can convert my current bucket to QA real easy. Planning to make some stuff for it like pallet forks, a brush bucket, tooth bar, maybe a mini pusher box for snow, maybe a 3 point adapter....I've got access to a bender, a CNC plasma cutter and some nice welders where I teach. I've got some ideas already for how to keep my kids busy working on stuff in our shop. Just can't break the bank doing it :)

Thanks for the advice on the NH's I think I'll be happy with this thing.

11. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Glad you got it, how was that guy to deal with in Quakertown?? He has what seems like a million tractors on craigslist

12. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

he was legit, knew his stuff. Said he used to be a salesman for a place near Oley. Was going to buy the dealership but never did. Now he just wheels and deals tractors. He had pretty nice stuff, no bentleys or anything like that. But the tractors he had sitting at his place weren't junk.

13. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

You can buy a blank plate, cut off the ears from your loader bucket, weld them on to the plate. Of course you'll need a receiver plate for your bucket, but then you'll be able to attach any skid steer type quick attachments.

Go on to ebay and google in skid steer adapter plates. I've seem them advertised for less then $400.00 for both the blank adapter and the receiver plate.
    You could go to EverythingAttachments.com and check them out too. I think they may be a bit higher, but they offer free freight. They are a good company to deal with, as I have bought from them in the past.

Hope this is helpful to you.