1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere 4310 Stack Kit

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DeereFarmer, May 13, 2011.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Has anyone bought or built a stack for a John Deere 4310? After running the tractor for 13 hours straight last weekend I have never felt so sick from exhaust fumes in my life, so it's time to get a stack. I think Deere makes one for $300 which is fine, but has anyone used it? Is it any better than having the exhaust dumped by the front axel?
  2. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I bought the whole kit from my buddy at the Deere dealer... $45 because the paint was scratched... painted it up as good as new. Took about 1/2 an hour to do the install. Really easy, but I did have to cut a small hile in the side of the hood. Measure many times, cut once. The hood is like $350 for a new one. That's the only opinion I can give. So far I love the stack, seems to do the job perfectly. We'll see how it really does in the winter plowing. That's the big test.