1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere 344h

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by m-elandscaping, Nov 21, 2010.

1. m-elandscaping

m-elandscaping Junior Member

Hey im new to the forum and so far seems to be a great site. I have a question about my new loader i bought this year to add to my snow removal equipment. Its a 98 Deere 344h and the question i have is what temp is it suppose to run at? It has bars for the temp gauge and was wondering if anyone has counted how many they have at normal operating temp. Thanks !

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Are you having a temp problem? I have a 10 Deere 344J, I'll look and see what temp it runs at tomorrow. Is the 98 a true Deere? What part of WI are you from?

3. m-elandscaping

When i got it home and started to turn some of my compost piles with it, i notice it got hot to where the light came on but the fan wasnt running. So i unplugged the fan switch which made the fan run all the time but only dropped the temp 2 or 3 bars. I brought it into the shop and also found a wire on the temp sensor on the injector pump broke. So i ordered a new sensor and will be here tomorrow. I was just worried that it is still running warm. What do you mean by true deere? It has the 4.5L powerteck motor.

I live alittle east of green bay wi

thank you

4. m-elandscaping

Anyone running one of these loaders with a 12ft pusher on the loader?

5. MDSP

MDSP Member

I run a 344j with a 16' daniels wing plow with very little problem. Yes, 6-8"+ does slow it down a little, but wouldn't trade it for the world.

6. m-elandscaping

Does your 344j have the temp gauge with the bars?

7. blowerman

I'm running mine with a 12 ft. protech.... Lieberr(?) makes the 344j for deere. If your machine is running fine, could just be the sensor. They are cheap, so change that first. Otherwise, check with an external thermometer the temp of the engine area..

8. m-elandscaping

Blowerman. is there any snow that makes your 12ft hard to push? What size lots do you use it on? Have you ever tryed larger apartment complexs? Did you get a chance to look at your temp guage? Thanks

9. blowerman

As most would say, "wet heavy snow". I primarily do church, school, and mid sized industrial. I added another apartment complex this year that I'm sure will pass through with the loader.
    What size pusher will you be using? I go with 12' so it's easy to drive down the road.
    I'm moving the 344 tomorrow morning, then I'll check the temp.