1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere 320 heater options

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bighornjd, Dec 2, 2011.

1. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

I have a Deere 320 skidsteer im trying to make more pleasant in winter. Last year i cut out plexiglass for the sides which made a huge difference in keeping some of the wind out. My biggest problem was snow and rain landing in my lap making me wet and of course cold in short order. I just put on the vinyl cab door from Deere to help with that but want to add some heat. I bought a coolant heater with fan from Summit last year that is a little smaller than the boxes. My plan was to put it between my feet but i am afraid it will get kicked too much and damaged. I just can't find anywhere else to put one, especially that allows the cab to raise. These things have NO extra space anywhere. I bought a 12v cig plug heater for 20 bucks from Advance Auto against my better judgement thinking something will be better than nothing but I don't even think a bald guy couild use it as a hairdryer.:mad:

So, anybody have a 300 series Deere skiddy that came up with a better idea?

2. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Guess it's gonna be a cold winter... :(

I must be the only one that can't afford factory cab and heat

3. mnguy

mnguy Member

I have a 2006 320 but it has factory heat, cab and door. This winter so far has been warm and dry here in mn. I actually havent even used mine yet this year :(

4. WPG3UT

WPG3UT Junior Member

heater

Bighorn i just did the exact same thing with JD 250 put it right b/w legs and it worked really well, serves as a great defroster for the Acrylic door as well. It is tight. but worth it.....