1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deere 244H Mini Wheel Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MatthewG, Jun 28, 2013.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

High hours, but deal or no deal? - given that skidsteers are priced so high

John Deere 244h wheel loader with 3/4 cubic yard bucket & forks. Very good condition. 16,349 hrs. Parts and operator manuals - $12,900

Should i not even waste my time, its for snow work only

2. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Two More..............

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Seems reasonably priced given the hours. If you are just using it for snow I wouldn't hesitate, just have a decent mechanic check it over, maybe check fluids to see cooler & smell, check compression, etc. I have a Bobcat 1600 wheel loader, smaller than that, I use it on the farm thing is way different than using a skidsteer (much better).
  4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Looks good id go for it.
  5. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

With all the hours anything listed as being rebuilt... ever?
  6. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Nice clean loader but for the hours with nothing rebuilt they are asking way to much. I know someone who has one they use as a yard machine it's nice for that but for snow they don't like it for multiply reasons. They claim it's under powered to push anything over 150' max with a 10' box. I saw some going around 9k with 4000 hours or less in the same shape.