1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deep Snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by GMC Sierra, Nov 10, 2009.

1. GMC Sierra

GMC Sierra Member

Hello all- new to the site- first post, hope this works. I have enjoyed the site for some time now, great information and pictures. Thought I might post some video of me and the kids plowing last year after a big storm. We let it accumulate all the previous day and night. When all said and done, close to a couple feet. Hardest part was getting out of the garage without getting stuck...kids loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeqxQWG_8Uk

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for sharing the video. You will find a wealth of knowledge on Plowsite, along with lots of great pictures and videos. Enjoy!

3. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Great video! It's so nice to have your own plow to move so much snow so quickly!

Steve

4. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

Nice little vid.. was wondering what you where trying to do in the beginning.. :)

So was the wife pissed when you hit her car with all that snow? I heard it smack into the hood on one pass :)

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

3 words... Tires, Timbrens, angle the plow...

Ok, so 5 words... :dizzy:

6. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

im not trying to be critical of you, but why not park with the blade facing out so you can just make your first pass as you exit the garage? i dont plow all that often, but when the ol '78 is in operable condition i always back it into a parking spot, or in front of the garage if i know its supposed to snow overnight. that way there is no fighting that first drift to turn around. just my.02. anyways love the vid and its good to see the young uns out gettin their feet wet. :nod:

7. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Welcome fellow ohioian. I'm up in ashtabula have a good winter. Where u at in geauga county??

8. GMC Sierra

GMC Sierra Member

No- that was my car. Wife's was in the garage ( GMC Denali). I never liked that car......reliable...but soooo boring to drive. She was aggrevated to be standing in the cold taping the video:)

9. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

I also live in geauga county, Hambden twp to be exact. Nice to have another local aboard.

10. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Chesterland ohio...

11. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

ummm ! I count 11 :)

12. GMC Sierra

GMC Sierra Member

I am located in Chardon. Grew up in Kirtland....nice to see some fellow Northeast Ohioans on the forum....especially Lake Effect veterans in Chesterland and Ashtabula.

13. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Hey man welcome to plowsite. Nice video. Random question, but do you know what camera you used to tape it? The quality seems pretty good.

14. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WOW- that's a lot of snow! Do you do any other drives of just your own? I'd throw some ballast in the truck, as well as parking the night before with the plow facing out- would have made your life A LOT easier to be able to push out right from the garage. I always park my truck plow out (in my driveway), so I can clear my drive in a few easy passes, then be off to my clients' without having the battle snowdrifts backwards :dizzy:

Nice truck though- looks to be mint!

15. GMC Sierra

GMC Sierra Member

Yes, that was a bit of snow. We are in the Lake Erie Snow belt (@ 110-120 inches/yr) I use the truck only for my drive (so I skip the ballast). The truck and plow (when on) is longer than my garage, so I need to pull into the garage to hook-up....hence the backing out fiasco. I don't drive it much, so I keep it in the garage. I just did not want to get it stuck in a bad spot where I could not get at it with my wife's Denali- especially when you hear the snow scrubbing the frame. I has been a really good truck- 140K on the odometer. Thanks for the post.

16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a fun and easy drive to plow. Long straight ones like that are really nice to do.

17. Mike_13

Mike_13 Member

i didn't realize there were this many NE Ohioans here.... i'm in Cuyahoga county in Highland Heights. right on the edge of the snowbelt. sometimes we get lake effect other times we don't.

18. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

i love the lake effect snow. Wish i still lived over o=in munson though. Lived right on the back side of Alpine Valley could walk there in a few minutes through the woods. We got so much snow just in that spot it seemed. Id drive into chesterland and there wouldnt b nearly as much snow there and its only 6 miles away

19. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

In Broadview Heights we get a decent amount of snow -- it's one of the higher points in cuyahoga county so often it is snowing there when it isn't snowing other places around Cleveland. My buddy in Lakewood would be pissed when I was out plowing all night and he wouldn't have anything laying yet.

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Nice truck. Wanna sell it?? I miss my old gmc with the 5.7 haha same as yours but green and silver :-( well good luck this year.