1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DEEP Oil Pans ( aftermarket )

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SCAPEASAURUSREX, Jan 27, 2003.

from NJ

I was thinking of swapping oil pans , going with a Milodon 8qt capacity deep pan on my 351W engine.. Has anyone done this type of swap on a similar truck ? How did it go ? straight forward or did any mods have to be done with crossmembers and such or was it as simple as changing pans ?? Thanks
  2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Just check to make sure you have enough clearance between the diff (I assume TTB) and the pan. COMPLETELY compressed suspension with the plow up. Not something you want to crush.

With older motor mounts and suspension, and a plow I would triple check.
  3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

An oil pan on a 95 f250 in not a very fun job at all, but it can be done.:drinkup:
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I highly doubt they make one for your application,and if they do they are a bear to change.The TTB will not hit the pan as there is a crossmember above them below the pan.It's due to this crossmember that it is such a tight fit.

Why do you want to change it ? The stock oiling system is more than adequate.If you want more capacity,add a remote filter system (1 qt),use a deep truck filter (another qt),and add a remote oil cooler (another qt).

from NJ

They do actually have a pan , that is 8qt capacity for my application made by Milodon.. I want more capacity to help keeps things cooler and lubricated...

Wyldman, I think your ideas are probably cheaper to do too ?? will consider that as well... I have to do a rear main seal, and originlly thought it was a two piece and done from the oil pan, but turns out its' one piece and from the back, the tranny has to come out to do it., so your idea s will be easier to do at tht pooint.. I was just thinking that I had to drop the pan anyway, But I dont so.... ?? who knows ..