1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deep dish rallye wheels for 3/4 ton? Like 1/2t

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by uglytruk, Apr 4, 2005.

1. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

I hope to switch my '83 1/2 ton shorty to 3/4 ton floating axles. The 8 bolt wheels are too skinny! Any thoughts on cutting and welding or widening wheels on the cheap? :rolleyes: I sure like the look of the 8" (or 9"?) rallye wheels. :help:

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I think a company makes them aftermarket.. they make all sorts of repro Chevy rally wheels etc. in all different bolt patterns. Not sure of this one specifically.

Remember that the center of the wheel, the lug portion and the part that makes it a rally wheel are the same piece, so not just a drill and reweld item.

If you are not concerned about factory rallies so much as just size and decent appearance, the painted 'wagon spoke' wheels are available brand new somewhere around $50 each.... hard to beat at that price! Trim rings and factory GM center caps can often be used on them. In fact, I think they may have been a factory option at one point.

3. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

I called a company in California that did custom reproduction wheels, and replacement 8 bolt steel wheels for my K25 were about $130 each in 16x8 or 16x10. I'm still considering it for use with 315/75r16 tires.

Wagon wheels are also available for about $60, and they were an OEM option in the 80's. You can also buy some good looking wheels for a decent price (about $95 each) from American Racing, but they don't look like rally wheels.

Bruce

4. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

I suppose I'd be happy with wide(ening) the stock wheels. But that's pricey, as the volume isn't there. Wagon wheels will have to do :drinkup:

5. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

American Racing has some steel wheels that are similar to a Rally design, and you can get them in an 8 bolt version. I don't remember the exact design for the GM Rally wheel, but the AR-767 might be something close enough, if you don't want a wagon wheel.

I also like the American Racing Tailgunner (steel) and Python (alloy) models for a chrome wheel, and the price is not too bad on either one.

Bruce