1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deep Colorado Mountain Snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by jreese88, Dec 16, 2011.

1. jreese88

jreese88 Junior Member

I had to stop and take this picture....not even close to being stuck! (due to champagne powder) 7' 6" western with wings

2. Calvinslawns

Calvinslawns Member

Dang, That's a lot of snow. On a sidenote, I love steamboat springs. I have been skiing there several times.
  3. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Tire chains are cheating. lol

Awesome pics. Good to see it's winter someplace.
  4. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

that's def one big push, but I agree, the tire chains have to be helping at least a little on that one:)
  5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I used to leave in Steamboat! Awe. A friend of mine is the DA there now. Enjoy that champagne!
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think if I lived there I would invest in a Vee blade.

Great Pic. I'm glad it's not here.
  7. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Nice i love it
  8. jreese88

jreese88 Junior Member

Is your friend who is the DA named Erica?
  9. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Nope, starts with an M.
  10. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thats a nice amount of snow, Sweet!
  11. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Well at lease some of us are having fun ! Thumbs Up
  12. rv4jesus

rv4jesus Member

I used to live in Steamboat too!

Not a winter goes by that I don't wish I was back there. Let me know if you need any help, I'd love a reason to go back. :) An old friend is, I believe, a police Captain or Chief there now initials DC, grew up on River Road.
  13. rv4jesus

rv4jesus Member

Steamboat memories

the comment about the chains brought back memories of driving up to the hot springs north of town through about 8" of pow in a 78 Volvo wagon. With chains on that thing was a tank. Absolutely gorgeous when we got there in the middle of the night-- had the place all to ourselves, running around naked like little kids. Slept in the cabin. What fun. Now I really wish I was there again.
  14. jreese88

jreese88 Junior Member

Funny that you mention the hot springs...this picture was taken in Strawberry Park...very close to the hot springs. I have clients that call me to come plow just so they can go to the hot springs! What a life!