1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Omega, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Omega

Omega Member

Is it me or has this year brought out the "New Math":alien: accounting systems.... I also was under the impression that a contract was and agreement for payment and service between 2 or more parties, my point or question I guess is anyone else having slow payments(2x normal) with random deductions from the invoice? :realmad:
  2. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Do you charge interest on over due accounts?
  3. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I love the random deductions! Haven't had it this year, but in the winter of 2012...when we had no snow. I had a business owner walk up to me while at another place and hire me on the spot. When I billed her for the two visits (during and after hours) she didn't think it was enough snow to justify the 2nd trip so she wrote me a check for half. And I included a 30% "new customer discount" on the bill and she took the 30% off the new amount. She's not in business anymore.
  4. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

That's when you put the snow back!
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

which companies are you working for? I really want to know! :realmad:
  6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

me to I want to know
  7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

8. Omega

Omega Member

Yes, in our "terms and conditions" it lists when payments are due , when interest is charged, and at what point service is suspended.
  9. Omega

Omega Member

The one medical group is a local walk in clinic type place with two locations, the other is a regional gas/quick mart with about 130 stores through MD, DE, VA and PA of which I handle 8( the 3 largest which are also truck stops ). the last couple years( no snow over 3") it was total opposite...usually paid in 3 weeks full ticket no problem :D
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

ok thought maybe it was a national company