1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dedicated Winter Tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RONK, Dec 13, 2014.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

I've read posts about tires before but I can't remember reading one devoted to dedicated winter tires.What dedicated winter tires are you using and why did you pick that particular brand and model?I've used Cooper Discoverer M&S tires in the past,they worked well but even taking them off after winter I only got three seasons out of them(I now use Cooper ST Maxx).For my location,I'm not sure I can justify a winter tire,we only get about 40" of snow but for other areas I'm sure they would be a great choice.With all the different tires out there,Firestone Winterforce,Blizzaks,Cooper Discoverer M&s,Nokian Hakkapelitta LT2,etc.what do you think works best.Also what about studs.Hopefully the information can help some of the guys thinking about going to a winter only tire.Thanks as always.
  2. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Treadwright.com .... replace tire before winter... hope to get 2 seasons out of them..
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Firestone Winterforce good price point and excellent reviews.
  5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Firestone Winterforce
    No studs
    I only drive them in the snow, huge difference from the M&S Goodyears that I took off.
  6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I run Firestone Winterforce from around turkey day till around Patty's day on my daily driver. I'm on the second season with them and they still look brand new.
  7. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Had them on an old sedan. Great, cheap winter tires (stuff able)