1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Decode Options

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rick Loncosky, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Rick Loncosky

Rick Loncosky Senior Member
    from 17557

Can anyone decode these options or give advise as to where to look? I just bought an 86 4x4. It has a 10 1/2" full floater and a dana 60 in the front. I don't know if it's a 3/4 or 1 ton. All the badges are gone because it was repaint twice, I think? It was camo, then white and now blue. It has more springs in the rear than my 77 K20. Here are the options:
    7GQ1 Axle base ratio 7Y5C Body Provision-Military 7Y5S Army Veh Ident Marking
    One thing else the GVW is: 8800 lbs. Thank you all.......
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like ex mill truck. :yow!:

you have found the holly grail of solid axle plow trucks for chevy. dana 60 frt is 1 ton and 14 bolt 10.5 ring gear is 1 ton rear. best bet is 4.56 gears and also detroit locker in the rear.

only things i would do is add a good plow and and tires. make sure all works good and go make money.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

That is a military truck...it's more of a single rw 1ton with an 8800lb GVW I have an old 1ton dump with a GVW of 9200lbs the same as my new 2500hd.