1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Decisions

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by trgcobra, Dec 4, 2009.

1. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

So I'm planning on buying an 8' Blizzard for my 08 F-250. My dealer has the new model with the lights on the plow, and leftovers from last year. Which direction should I go?

It seems that the newer one with the lights mounted to the plow itself and not the truck would be a better way to go, but I'm looking for some feedback on this.

Thanks!

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

If I didn't already own a truck with the old set up I would get the new one. Might as well have the new stuff since they will never make the old mount again. I went through this when the ultra mount came out. We ended up getting another unimount, but switched to the ultra mount on another truck one year later after all. I would get the new set up and be done with it, jmo.

Good luck , shaun

3. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

Perfect! Thanks for the help!

One more quick question...

With the newer mount, does it leave the truck with a more "stock" look to it, or do you see the mount? Not that it really matters, I'm more curious than anything.

Also, does anyone know if they need to "modify" the plastic at the bottom of a 08 F-250 Lariat to get the frame/mount to fit?

Thanks again!

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

As far as a stock look I am not sure. Any truck with a plow frame is noticable , but part of the game. I am sure that the air dam on the truck will need to be trimmed but that isn't really a big deal. Some dealers will trim it and other just remove it and leave it in the bed of your truck. I guess it depends on who is doing your install.

Good luck , shaun

5. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks again for the info!

6. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

there is a different look to the mount when the plow is off compared to the old...It does not stick out as far in my opinion. ill have to grab a pic of my truck(old mount) and the guy i sub for(new style) for you.

7. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

That would be great!

Also, did you have to do anything to your front suspension?

Does the mount impede your steering at all?

On my '87 F-250, I had to add another leaf because it REALLY sagged, and the mount wouldn't let the steering turn all the way in either direction.

Thanks!

8. Wallace

Wallace Member

The old Power Hitch 1 to the new Power Hitch 2 is night and day!
    When it's the end of snow season you remove a mount adapter and there is vertually nothing hanging down.
    A F250 usually doesn't need anything done to the suspension.

9. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

Does the 8000HD use the old or new power hitch?

10. Wallace

Wallace Member

8000HD is the new power hitch 2
    800 is the old style power hitch.

11. trgcobra

trgcobra Junior Member
    from PA

Perfect! Thanks everyone for all the help and info! My new 8000HD is being installed on Friday.

Happy Holidays!