1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deciding on a pull back plow...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Freddy_Kruger, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

there is the Daniels http://www.danielsplows.com/PullPlow.htm

and there is this one http://www.snowmansnowplow.com/content/view/18/77/

I'll likely get a Boss plow from a local dealer here in winnipeg For the front of the truck ('bout 3 grand) but I need to know if there are any dealers for Daniels, I actually think I prefer the daniels but I have no Idea of the prices. Do you know how much a daniels pull plow costs?

Any recommendations? this is strictly for residential driveways, I haven't got a truck for it yet but I do have customers. 24 customers anyway and will triple that with a plow system.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is that $3,000 for a new plow? That is about 1/2 price compared to Toronto.

3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

Yeah thats for the front plow, a straight blade. (not installed).

But I'm having trouble finding any dealers or anything canadian for pull back plow.... and I'm in winnipeg, lol.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Have you thought about buying a plow with down pressure? That is a real cheap price for the Boss. They only knock off $400 if you want to install it yourself. Two years ago I went to Chicago to pickup 3 plows, saved $8,000 Canadian.

5. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

If I drove to the states it would cost me $8000 in gaspayup

I got my heart set on a pull back this year, awesome things as long as they don't cost too much. someone sent me a PM a few months back (a canadian) and told me they cost $2800. Not sure if it was a daniels or not, I lost track of that PM though. I believe he also mention a dealer in N. Ontario or maybe he was from there.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They are very rare around here. I would ask your Boss dealer if he could get you one. If not go on Ebay and have one shipped here. The dollar is pretty strong now and my plows came across duty free. I think they are easy to install.

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 9' Arctic. They are good plows once you fix the Mickey Mouse wiring set up.

9. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

I think thats good advise because those plow partner ones look cheap compared to the daniels.

10. Haden61

Haden61 Member
    from Iowa

Pull plows

Artic weight is around 300#, Danials advertises their 8' at 350# and Snowman's 7' is #450. snowman's # is 888-766-6267. Good luck.

11. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

I phoned Daniels and talked to a guy in chicago, they can ship it here.

$2825 USA plus shipping. I'm going to bite in oct.