1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Decided what I'm going to do about my truck situation!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NYH1, Nov 1, 2013.

1. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I'm going to keep my current '07 Ram 1500 4x4 QC SB, SLT 5.7L Hemi, auto, 3.92 gears w/anti spin rear end, tow pkg. I'm going to buy a Fisher 7.5' SD snowplow for it and use it this season which will be really slow for me at first.

As spring turns into summer and summer turns into fall 2014 my work load should start picking you. That's when I'll buy my new truck. I'll use my current Ram as my day to day driver and my new truck as my work.

I'm going to go with either a '14/'15 Ram 3500 SRW[/]4x4 Reg. Cab. 8' box (probably a) ST/Tradesman 6.4L Hemi, auto, 4.10 gears w/anti spin rear end.

***Packages***
    -Heavy Duty Snow Plow Prep Group
    -Protection Group
    -Smoker Group (I like having the extra lighter outlet and the ashtray double as a change holder)
    -380-AMP Rated Dual Alts
    (160-Amp Secondary Alt)
    -Popular Equipment Group
    -Power And Remote Entry Group

***Powertrain***
    -6.4L Hemi V8 MDS Engine
    -6-Speed Automatic Transmission
    -GVW Rating- 10,300 lbs.
    -4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
    -Engine Block Heater

***Exterior**
    -18"x8" Steel Chrome Clad Wheels
    -LT275/70R17E OWL On/Off Road Tires
    -Clearance Lamps
    -Trailer Brake Control
    -5th Whee/Gooseneck Towing Prep Group
    -Spray in Bedliner

***Interior***
    -Uconnect 3.0 AM/FM
    -Cloth 40/20/40 Bench Seat
    -Delete Carpet
    -Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches
    -Single Disc Remote CD Player
    -Parkview Rear Back-Up Camera
    -Electronic Monitoring Module.

I'll probably put a 8.5 or 9 ft. Fisher straight plow on the 3500. Put the required DOT numbers on it and play that game and not have to worry about it when not working because I'll be keeping my current Ram and will be using that when not working. I'll keep the plow setup for my '07 1500 QC Ram so a back up but won't use it much after I get the 3500.

heres another link I was talking on here
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=147905

NYH1.