1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Decided to go with Snow Wolf on S650

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WIPensFan, Oct 23, 2010.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

This is what I decided to get for my Bobcat for snow plowing. Snow Wolf Ultra 120", FastTach pusher and Wolf Paws I'm not putting on yet. I hate yellow BTW but at least everything matches. I also like the stickers on the rims, they look cool to me.
    This is last years stock so it's not brand new. I saved quite a bit though.

Bob & Wolf front.jpg

Bob & Wolf side.jpg

Back of Wolf.jpg

Wolf Paws 4.jpg

Wolf Paws 2.jpg

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Very nice. Would you mind telling me what you paid for the plow and box? If you don't want to say here please pm me.
    Robert

3. WIPensFan

PM sent Rob

4. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

The cuuting edge looks like it is multiple pieces (in your photo). Does it trip as a single unit, seperate halfs, or what?

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very nice....you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish compared to what you had before.

Curious as to why you went with the smaller size wolf paws? Is the price difference that big? Either way, a wise investment imo. Good luck with it.

P.S. the yellow looks alot better than the green they used to use.

6. WIPensFan

I looked at that when I got it and thought that was strange. I believe it trips as one unit. I need to look at it more closely though.

7. WIPensFan

Thanks, the Wolf Paws I was quoted for 12" & 14"( not sure how they measure or how many sizes they have available, sorry ) - bigger was $400.00 more.

8. ssprtman12

ssprtman12 Junior Member
    from MA

the cutting edge is multiple pieces, not sure why but ours are that way too, but the whole edge trips as one, not individual sides like on a v-plow

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very Nice...have a great winter

10. lumberjack4567

lumberjack4567 Junior Member

If you don't mind me asking, how much did those wolf paws run you and where did you get them?

11. WIPensFan

I'd like to Private Message you. You need 10 posts first. Get 10 post and then PM me.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice plow but I'd never buy one.

13. WIPensFan

ok. Thanks.

14. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

those tires will do wonders for you. you will never think about plowing without them. I would have also recommended the larger tires. I have two sets. the larger tires give you a little more speed and also makes it easier to set the box level, without picking up the front tires.

15. lumberjack4567

lumberjack4567 Junior Member

Ok, i will try

16. WIPensFan

Thanks for the info, maybe next set. I don't really need the speed, but it couldn't hurt. I'm hoping they work as well as everyone says. I'll put them on next week.

17. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

that plow kinda looks like a diamond. it will be nice knowing your plow will trip if you hit something instead of bracing for impact all the time. ;)

18. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Very nice set up! We too bought the Wolf Paws after reading about them and were blown away at how great they worked. They made our Gehl 6640 an unstoppable pushing machine with its 10' pusher. We also bought the smaller ones and they have been great. Our machine is a 2 spd so the speed wasn't an issue.

19. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

we run snow wolf on all of our skid steers and have a few of the fast tatch boxes as well... you will enjoy very much... we ditched the stickers on the sides and on the blade and put our own sticker to replace the one on the front of the blade.

20. WIPensFan

Absolutely! I'll still be a little weary until I get used to it.

Thanks. I'm glad to hear this.

I like the checkered flag, but my logos would would be more beneficial I agree.