1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Decided to buy a Snow Dogg

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by deere615, Dec 23, 2009.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Well I decided to get a new 8ft Snow Dogg EX plow for my new 2003 chevy 2500HD. I orginally wanted another new meyer so everything would match between the 2 trucks, but this was cheaper, stainless, and seems to be built way better! I mean this thing looks like a municipal plow its huge! It dropped the front 1" then I put 3 turns on the torsion bars and now it only drops 3/4". So far it hasn't plowed any snow and is probably a backup but I might have my dad drive it on some of the bigger storms. I know everyones been waiting for pictures so heres a few:
    snow dogg plow off truck front.jpg
    snow dogg plow off truck back.jpg
    snowdogg plow new in garage.jpg
    snowdogg plow new in garage 2.jpg

snow dogg plow off truck front.jpg

snow dogg plow off truck back.jpg

snowdogg plow new in garage.jpg

snowdogg plow new in garage 2.jpg

2. deere615

Couple more:
    snowdogg plow new in garage headlight-pump.jpg
    snowdogg plow new in alley.jpg
    snowdogg plow new in alley angled.jpg
    snowdogg plow new in alley no lights 2.jpg

snowdogg plow new in garage headlight-pump.jpg

snowdogg plow new in alley.jpg

snowdogg plow new in alley angled.jpg

snowdogg plow new in alley no lights 2.jpg

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

NICE! wesport

4. LNO-WI

LNO-WI Junior Member
    from NE WI

Good Choice!!! You will be very happy with the dogg, its a great product and like ya said much more cost effective.

5. XLC93

XLC93 Junior Member

Right on! Im considering getting one of these when i buy a truck finally. How much she set ya back? Good luck this year!

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Looks real nice there. I think the Meyer should be the back up plow now:nod:

7. XLC93

XLC93 Junior Member

LOL i agree. Just noticed you got rid of the meyer Sydenstricker, how do you like yours?

8. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

Good choice! Your gonna very happy with it!

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Love it the little I have used it so far, lol. Much faster than the ole Meyer. And I dont have high blood pressure from swearing at a broke plow all the time:) I paid 3800 plus tax for mine installed. Very inexpensive, durable plows to have

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks real nice, It would be nice to be able to interchange the plows with the Meyer setup, but I think you made a good choice with the Dogg. I have only heard good things about them. Good Luck this year and you going to have to take her out and get some pics of it at work.

11. deere615

Thanks
    Thanks yeah cant beat the price
    4k plus tax
    Yeah I thought long and hard about that but I dont feel like switching everything for the spreader over. I dont want to buy a spreader for this truck yet as its not needed this year.
    I think I will thank you
    Yep that was my biggest problem on deciding what to buy, but I think this will out perform meyer, dont get me wrong though I still love the setup I got on the blue truck!

12. XLC93

XLC93 Junior Member

Yea no kidding! I havent even had to break out the shovel yet! Ive heard so many stories about people not being satisfied with their meyers. Makes me wonder i see so many around here lol. These SnowDogg's are one sharp looking plow i must say!

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, you really outfitted that new truck well.

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks great buddy....every year you make me even prouder of you.

15. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

That looks really sharp with the truck! It looks really strong. I would like to find a different plow for my truck, the Meyer sucks. I'll check out SnowDogg now.

16. deere615

Yeah its sharp for sure. I do see so many meyers around. I like mine thought besides the motor going bad last year it works great for me
    thanks
    lol thanks, I am so glad took your advice last year by getting a plow it really help me grow
    I like my meyer but its also only 1 year old not a 10-20 year old one

17. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Congrats on your new Dogg, looks good.....I have a sub that got one (9ft HD model) this year, and for the most part I feel you get alot for your $ with them. Good Luck with it.

18. deere615

Yeah I feel that way also. I mean a heavy duty stainless plow for less that most other plows

19. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Sweet. I've seen those plows at my dealer and they did look nice.
    I'm impressed your doing so well. Now bring on the snow to break that bad boy in.

20. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I like my meyer but its also only 1 year old not a 10-20 year old one

Mine is only about 5 years old, but it still scares me :laughing: