1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Decent Price??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wannabeplowing, Dec 2, 2009.

1. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

Need some advice from you chevy/GMC guys. I'm a ford guy so not real familiar with these trucks but is this a good deal? Would the amount of miles bother anyone or are is the duramax just being broke it at 155,000? The link to the truck is below, any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Looks like a really sweet truck.
    Haven't had anything major with my 05 (knock on wood)
    Truck is very comfy and lots of go with decent mileage.
    Not sure what your trucks are averaging down there,but price seems a little high for
    the miles,but does look to have been taken care of.
    I would check the VIN to see if it has the LB7 or LLY motor being an 05.
    The LB7 had lots of injector problems.
  3. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

I'm not totally sure on prices here either, need to do some more checking on that put I also thought the price was a bit high for the mileage, but then again it is at a stealership it doesn't surprise me it's bit high. Anybody from the midwest have input on the price being high?
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It would be an LB7 motor they changed to that engine in mid 2004... I think the price is about $2000.00 to high
  5. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Seen some early 05's with the LB7
    8th digit of the vin will tell you. 1=LB7 2=LLY
  6. tom_khollman

tom_khollman Junior Member

2004= LB7

This 2005 will definately have the LLY duramax, the price should be about $15,000 it looks like a clean truck though, I have a 01 with the LB7 and I have 209k and it still runs great!
  7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Check it with the kelly blue book value. That doesnt give you firm price, but at least a good spot to start!! Does look like a nice truck though