1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Decent Deal?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mark13, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm considering buying a boss 8.2 steel v that is several years old. Plow comes with handheld controller, decent cutting edges with curb guards, rubber plow flap, smart locks, and complete setup to mount to a 99-07 superdutys. It has the older style cutting edges with the 'shoe' behind them in the center to keep snow from leaking through.(will this plow will be able to use the new style cutting edges without the shoe?) It has been stored inside a storage trailer and had new hoses last year. The plow is in pretty good condition, could use a coat of paint but it appeared to be straight with no cracking or welds and surface rust just starting. The owner would like to get $3000 out of it. Just want to see what you guys think as I am new to plow buying.
    Only picture of it, I was unable to get more do to the tight quarters of the storage trailer.
    [​IMG]

Thanks, Mark

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I just bought one identical to that and only paid $1750. It has a Dodge mount and I need a mount for a 1989 F-250.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I just sold a 9' 2" on here a couple weeks ago for $3000. It had brand new cutting edges on it, new center puck, brand new wiring harness and new handheld controller. So I think if this guy wants $3K he is a couple hundred too high.

Also, I think you were given incorrect information about the mount. If it fits 1999 Fords it will not fit on a 2007. I had the same mount and it fit years 99-04.

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would give no more than $2400 for it:)

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, I just wanted to get an idea if it was a good price or not.
    Edit, the guy has adapters to make it fit 04-07 iirc.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure will Mark, since it is an RT3, the newer style formed edges will fit it.

As to the value, If you can't use the mount then you'll also want to figure in the cost of buying or trading the mount for the one you need but with the Smartlocks and all the wiring I'd say $2500 would be a fair price.

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

so mark did you end up buying this or not???

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nope, I found a mount close to me which I may buy, then about an hr later he posted up saying the boss is gone. So I'm back in the hunt for a 8.2 v. I have run straight blades before and have one on the atv so I want to try something new.