1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dec 9, 8-9" storm pictures:

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by fiveoboy01, Dec 10, 2008.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

More of the same, I like posting pictures:)

I started at 3am monday night and finished at about 10pm tuesday. My rear was starting to get sore!

Waiting for the accumulation. Snowflakes are big! Misc equipment is gassed up and ready:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Plowing the condo drive, it's a long one. About 1/8 mile or so.

Finishing up one of many residentials, this was just after we got some daylight:
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

lookin good
    good luck this winter
  4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great pics...thankyou!
  5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Skids working:

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Loading up to head for the next one:

7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

nice skids. Do you have any blades for them?
  8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Blowing snow:

Some residential streets were nearly im-passable without 4WD. I helped a mailman get un-stuck, twice...

Coming to an end for this one, that's a big scoop!

And one last one... My brother jackknifed the trailer with the bobcat on it. He has admitted he will no longer call the '08 a "show truck" again, hahaha. It dented the bumper, smashed the break-away battery box on the trailer.

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

More great pics! Nice work! Utimate you have any pics from last night?
  10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Nope, no blades. I'd like to try one next season though. I think it would be awesome for confined areas and there has to be an advantage to being able to clearly see both sides of the blade:)
  11. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

looks good! Do you mow for the condo's to?
  12. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Looks like you had fun

So many people seem to drive skids on to trailers now instead of backing them on.
  13. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Is there a difference to which direction it's facing? I know my buddies 543 Bobcat would be risky pulling it on without any ballast in the bucket. Backing on is the only way we can load it on the trailer.
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I only back on the trailer. The bucket could have been lower. What ever works, you look well organized.

Where do you find time to take pics while plowing. LOL

I just want to get done.

Great Pics!
  15. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

great storm coverage. how many is 'many' resi's?
  16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nice action shots.

PS,Chris you love plowing every night you can't fool us!:D
  17. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Pics.
    so you guys trailer the bobcat from house to house? does the truck with the bobcat also have a plow?
  18. snow freak

snow freak Junior Member

nice pics of the bobcats !! keep up the good action shots
  19. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Re backing vs. pulling on forward, I always get the willies when pulling on forwards. I prefer to back on, my brother likes to drive on forwards. I agree he has the bucket too high there.... Also if you have an open cab, you'd definitely want to back on in this weather but there is a front door there.

Normally we don't haul either skid. The deere sits at one condo complex all winter and the bobcat sits at our shop(well our garage haha). We have a medium size condo complex 2 blocks from the garage(and a couple residentials on the way)so we drive it there.Due to the amount of snow we trailered it to one subdivision because no, the '08 does not have a plow on it. He was driving by and decided to stop so the condos could be banged out faster.

We have 35+ residentials.

Normally we don't take pics but I think it's sorta neat and besides I can use the pics in the future for advertising purposes.
  20. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures! Look like lots of fun!