1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dec 4th storm in Vermont

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by jabbahop, Dec 5, 2007.

1. jabbahop

jabbahop Junior Member
    from vermont

We had about a foot of snow here in Jericho Vermont. I was out of town so had our old guy clear the driveway and then I cleaned things up with the toolcat. I love winter and SNOW!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

nice bobcat there

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

how do they run i saw one last winter fueling up at the gas station and i wonder how they did ?

4. jabbahop

jabbahop Junior Member
    from vermont

works great for my job

For me it works well. I have a long and steer driveway (1500 feet with about 200 elevation) and with chains on this thing works well. I got it last year and didn't have chains and got stuck multiple times despite 4wd.

I love the 4 wheel steer because makes maneuvering a snap - think the radius is something like 20 feet. It isn't real fast - 10 mph in low range and 18 in high but again that is more than enough for me. With heat, AC, and great sitelines for plowing, it works wonders for me. I even have a front mounted sand spreader from Herd that works well when things get icy.

The big downside for most people is they are expensive - I think they start in the high $30's now.

5. TEX

TEX Senior Member

as in hight $30,000 like $37,000 holy momo r u serious. what on that thing could cost that much.

6. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Hello neighbor...

Tuesday afternoon we measured 15" in town.

Tuesday night we measured 23" on the mountain.

Nice rig... I like the Toolcat. Did you get it from Essex Equipment?

Derek

7. jabbahop

jabbahop Junior Member
    from vermont

4" more wednesday

no I made the trek to Newport's Northeast Equipment- better deal and they had one in stock.

8. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

What kind of chains do you use on your toolcat?

9. jabbahop

jabbahop Junior Member
    from vermont

sorry don't know the brand of chain

but they are from somewhere in norway or finland and are very aggressive with c shaped bits facing the snow. I think they would be pretty problematic on pavement.