1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dec 16 Nor'Easter - Burlington, VT

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Plowin in VT, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

The weather man said 12-18" fell, but I had some areas with 2+' and drifts of up to 4'! It was coming down pretty hard for a while (2"-4"/hour), so by the time I was done plowing a parking lot, it was already pretty thick again!

I was out 4am Sunday - 5pm last night.

Plow pic 1 - smaller.jpg

Plow pic 2 - smaller.jpg

Plow pic 3 - smaller.jpg

Plow pic 4 - smaller.jpg

Plow pic 5 - smaller.jpg

2. Plowin in VT

Here are a couple more pics...

Plow pic 6 - smaller.jpg

Plow pic 7 - smaller.jpg

Find the car - smaller.jpg

Plow pic 8 - smaller.jpg

Plow pic 9 - smaller.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

bolton or burlington? if burlington about where?

oh, get some prowings, they would help you out tremendously with that lot.

4. Plowin in VT

Just sent you a PM Grn Mtn.

I'd love a set of prowings, but unfortunately a couple of the areas that I plow are only about 10' wide (depending on how far out a car parks), and w/them on it would be a bit too tight.... car on the left, 1800's brick bldg on the right...

5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

The wings come on/off in like 30 seconds, They save a tremendous amount of time. I had to plow this last storm without my wings cause it was too heavy for my truck with them and they were bending backwards anyway. That being said it took me at least 3 hours more to do my route without them versus with them. no offense, but I never understood this logic. I hear this from people all the time too. "I got the 7'6" blade instead of the 8' cause I do residentials..." with the 8' its easier to get closer to buildings, curbs, go around circles, corners etc.

6. Plowin in VT

No offense taken! I thought that prowings took much longer to attach/detach which is why I haven't thought about getting them. There are a couple of areas where if a car parks too far out, I can not get through, but since the wings are fast to attach/detach, I'm going to see if anyone around here has a pair that I can get today. Bigger is definitely better, and I'd love to cut my run by 3 hours! I'm still a newly-wed, and would love to get to spend more time w/my wife!:D

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics! Thats a long time out in the Truck!!