1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dec 12 08' Ice storm NW Mass

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 99zr2, Dec 12, 2008.

1. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

here are some pics frome todays ice storm. These are from Winsor MTN. and from just past Alpenwald Village in Reedsbrough VT. The ice is about 3/4" to 1" thick. Many power outages and closed roads around my area.

Ice storm 08 008.jpg
  2. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Another one

Ice storm 08 016.jpg
  3. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Winsor MTN

Ice storm 08 022.jpg

MAR4CARS Senior Member

My buddy is up in Antol said hes been without power since storm began
  5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

dam. I was just over in lee, mass on wednesday. and it was getting icey then. They have been talking how mass got the worst icing. here where I am we got about 4-5 inches of sleet. and man it is hard to plow a drive that is a hill.
  6. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Winsor MTN too

Ice storm 08 024.jpg
  7. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Stafford HIll

Ice storm 08 025.jpg
  8. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

One more from Stafford Hill

Ice storm 08 026.jpg
  9. STEVE F 350

STEVE F 350 Member

looks really bad your way..
  10. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Yeah CARS, alot of people that Iknow that have been without power from about 11:30 last night. I had to go to Home Depot and there was three generators leaveing in the 5 mins I was at the register alone.

Tailpipes, I would of mucth rather of had the sleet than this crap.

Ice storm 08 020.jpg
  11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

im sure you would. but that sleet sucked. I have a driveway that is a hill that is on a side of a hill. and wow. it started to slip and I thought I was a goner.
  12. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure that's a lot of work to clean it all up. But wait till the sun comes out it will be absolutly beautiful.
  13. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Wow, I'm glad we don't get that here. Break out the spreaders!
  14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Amazing pictures, im glad i got rain! Sleet and ice are no fun! Sleet it by far the worse stuff to plow!
  15. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

if you know of any tree or landscape company that needs help, give us a call 508-284-2316--plenty of trucks chain saws and men!!!! based out of Gloucester ma-
  16. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

wow we got none of that here just rain then sunny all day, hang in there.
    Saw Oakwood Landscaping on the news this morning cleaning trees said they've been getting calls like crazy
  17. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

Oakwood landscape is on this site right????i though you got all that ice in fitchburg,,, where ever that happens and youre a tree/landscape company youre going to make some seroius $$$$$$$.very dangeroug work though, ive seen some pics of trees still conected to their trunks and leaning on a house 3 stories up thats seroius danger....
  18. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I actually have to go work for a friend of mine that has a tree service business tomorrow. He said that he has got alot of calls too.
    His company is Troy's Tree Service & Property Maintenance.
    On my way over Stafford Hill I saw somebody getting a tree cut down in there yard. A 70' or so black birch I think. I would of got a picture but the owner was watching me drive by, and I dint want to look to noisy.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  19. dcl25

dcl25 Member
    from ma

I am heading out to ashburnham tommorrow to remove a tree for a friend its on his garage. i will probably and up with more work he said his neighborhood is a nightmare
  20. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

we have a 55 foot bucket a climber and 2 groundsmen if you guys have the work