1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dealing with residential customers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by martyman, Dec 8, 2008.

1. martyman

martyman Senior Member

Here is a light hearted take on dealing with Residential customers and what they do to piss me off.

Call to tell me its snowing

Call to tell me that there is lots of snow

Call to ask me why I didn't come even though I did and when I tell them there was a Red Toyota blocking the driveway they say "we moved that car in the morning"...my contract states if any vehicle is blocking the driveway I won't plow..they never read the contract.

Call me at home when they have my cell #

Old people that tell you "you can come anytime" and they are the first people to call and panic asking if you are coming

People that hesitate to pay for plowing, tell me they can't afford it but need it because they need to get to work and then try and get out of a contract when the season starts of with light snow falls...

Add to the list if you have some.

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

The only complaint I have got in 2 seasons was from a customer who said that he neighbor called complaining that I had plowed the snow too close to the fire hydrant. I left a good foot of room but apparently it needs to be 2 feet. I guess that neighborhood has a lot of house fires.

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

neighbors that call and complain cause you stack snow at the end of your customers driveway.

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

never had a complaint yet .. just lower the blade down push all the way to the garage and then use 2 stage to blow into back yard ... done deal !!! then hand out the palm .. and say Jackson please !

5. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

What about the customer that signs your contract that states 2" trigger, yet every time I show up to plow has their driveway shoveled off already... no matter what time I show up it is done already. Talked with the customer asking what was going on and she said that her son was bored and decided to do the driveway. I told her I had driven over- she was getting billed.

6. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

Had a guy last year who needed it plowed and was paying top dollar, we show up and he is driving back in fourth in the driveway,on his grass and in his shrubs packing down all the snow and said he doesnt need the plowing... Yet he was the first one to call me this year