1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dealing with Corporate to bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MSsnowplowing, Sep 20, 2013.

1. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

For the last two years I have been watching the snow plowing at my bank B.O.A.

So I decide this year to check it out and place a bid if they are taking bids and not locked into a contract.

Holy Moly.

I spent 1 hour on the phone trying to track down who I talk to.

I'm used to dealing directly with the people at their place of business.

Even some of the bigger chains there was a General Manager you could talk too.

The bank, sorry we don't handle anything you need to talk to Corp.

Calling the Corp. that handles the property maintenance.

Nobody seemed to know who did it, I got:
    "not my department and I don't know who handles that"
    To "you need to talk to the bank"
    To "it is another division that handles that and that division says the same thing"

1 hour of calling various people, getting different numbers, different names, I finally talk to someone who seems to know something.

Took my name and number and said they would get back in touch.

I think it was a run around but time will tell. I will follow up in a week.

Oh and even went to their website, nothing there about bidding contracts.

Any suggestions from someone who has B.O.A. plowing contracts?
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

See, I think there's a market for this type of thing. Would you be willing to pay for the contact information of the person who makes those decisions? I bet a lot of people would. In your case I have no idea on who to speak with but for the right price I guarantee I could find out.
  3. MSsnowplowing

Sure would if

I got the contracts. :mechanic:

A finders fee based on the amount of the contract would be worth it.

The other route is knowing who the corp. executives are, getting their number and calling them directly.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Thumbs Up
  4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

contacting B.O.A is like calling the gubberment ?

Sounds about right.
  5. MSsnowplowing

Worse I would say, I know who my rep. is and can call them up and speak with them.

whoever handles property maintenance for B.O.A. is like a ghost.

Nobody seems to know who they are.

Maybe I will just start plowing at the first storm and then just bill them. :laughing:
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

We have several hundreds of accounts, it always a blast to roll in to account to find someone else is or has plowed it. it's usually fairly difficult to find out at 3 o'clock in the morning who's right.
  7. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

This is a no brainer. If I pull into an account that I hold the contract on and it has been done, I touch it up, add salt as needed and bill the customer. I did my job! And by the way, thank you for the assistance. In the future fill out and app to be a sub for me.
  8. MSsnowplowing

"Maybe I will just start plowing at the first storm and then just bill them."

It's Sarcasm guys, my plow has never touched a property I didn't have a contract with -(other than helping someone else but that's a different story)
  9. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

It really does happen-over the years 10 or more times. Our drivers know how to react as we have discussed in the past, just note it on their route sheet.