1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dealers out of plows

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by djagusch, Nov 24, 2014.

1. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Well decided to get another plow truck after the first snow. The oldest truck is alittle rougher than I remembered.

Anyways the mn distributor and dealers are out of any stainless dxt's and basically told a couple dealers have some vxt or 9.2 steel dxt but we are talking 10 plows or less for v plows. Not going to have any for a while either. The wi dealert somewhat close was having a hard time getting anything in also. Add that esi is out for the most part of inventory.

So what's going on boss to not have plows for people to buy? Its not past thanksgiving yet!
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The same thing the rest of the manufacturers are facing, customers buying more plows than they expected so the in season purchasers are having to wait for deliveries.

I have back orders from all my whole unit suppliers, but they are flowing in.

We pre-seasoned better then double our normal order and have purchased half that again.

Basically the season kicking off in mid August was a good thing since snow's coming tomorrow night.
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I called an out of state boss dealer to check the price for my skid steer plow Im selling and he said, boss said, no more plows this season. He said what we have is all we're getting for the year, this was 2 days ago. maybe I should reconsider my price,lol
  4. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Dealers all the same in my area to.

Luckily I decided to buy and have a new SD Plow installed in August here in Buffalo. I was with a friend today at a Western Plow Dealer and he told us that he has 17 new installs to do this week and he has only gotten 2 plows in and he had to pick them up from another dealer. Seems they to are all in the same boat as our Boss dealer here is.Supply and demand.
  5. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Our dealer in henrietta NY in the first week of november had plow installs backed up to the middle of december. He was sorta venting about it while i was there because people kept coming in and freaking out that they would be without a plow until almost january. His stock of plows seemed to be decent though. He was out of steel 9.2 dxt's, he had like 6 poly stainless steel, and a couple stainless steel dxt's so if your in the area and looking for a new dxt he has some but you will want to install it yourself.
  6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That's what you get for waiting until the end of November to buy a plow...

Plan ahead and it won't be a problem.
  7. djagusch

from mn

I did buy one in October along with a new truck. Just didn't plan on replacing the other one.
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Let's see, a record year for snowfall last year and now a shortage of plows.

9. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

After last winter, I think I would have been doing equipment inspections and plow purchasing back in August when the grass was dried up and nothing was growing, which is when I DID do mine. Fortunately/unfortunately, we had a wet season all season long, so good that the money was coming in when I was trying to buy, but bad that I was SWAMPED trying to keep up with it all.

Two more weeks, and lawn season will be over. Then hopefully I get 3-4 weeks off before the snow really starts.
  10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like I'm not alone in my thought process.
  11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I'd look around more. A friend just picked up a 8'6" straight, an 8'2" V and a 9'2" DXT in stainless on Friday of last week.
  12. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

wow so went to where i bought my plow today and i saw only 3 or 4 plows left and they were vxt's
  13. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Seen 2 at 2 different boss dealers in Ohio. Maybe they would ship up to your dealer? V stainless.
  14. djagusch

from mn

Well I found some stainless 9.2 dxts. About a 2hr drive but I'll have it on Friday and install it over the weekend.
  15. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Our local Fisher and BOSS dealers have a sh!t ton of plows last week. I bet each place had 30-50 plows on their lots.
  16. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

We are a Blizzard and Meyer dealer. Completely out of Meyer (except for an ATV plow) and all remaining Blizzards sold and scheduled for install. We already had 2 pushes. Funny how many guys have contracts that start Nov. 15 that aren't ready yet. Meyer said two weeks to get mounts or plows, distributor out of stock. We upped our pre-season also. Two years ago, we had $50,000 in inventory sit all summer because of the easy winter the previous year. Like seasonal contracts, win some lose some. We were putting plows on in July this year, because some guys didn't want to get caught with their pants down. It is what it is!!!
  17. Chuckie

Chuckie Member
    from PA

I think a lot of the backlog on deciding on new plow purchases was a lot of bigger clients where dragging their feet signing on the dotted line. Lots of the Nice big lots that will pay for all this new hardware signed on the 11th hour. Just my .02
    We were fortunate enough to pick up two stainless DXT's , but have to wait two more weeks to pick up the 2nd one. But they sure are Nice !!!
  18. jkb383

jkb383 Junior Member
    from erie

Check with jeff ' s performance in clarion pa. Just installed my 9.2 dxt and did the fabbing with my lift kit. Did a great job