1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dealers? Hello.... anyone?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by JEFFakaMAX, Oct 10, 2008.

1. JEFFakaMAX

JEFFakaMAX Junior Member
    from Chicago

So my 2 Hinker dealers are no longer Hiniker dealers as of this year. Sure I got the "we'll still stock some stuff" and there's always the interweb, but neither of those install much confidence when it's 3:45am and you need parts.

So who IS a Hiniker dealer in the Western Burbs of Chicago?

2. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

you should be

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

4. JEFFakaMAX

JEFFakaMAX Junior Member
    from Chicago

I should... and I called to get details.
    It's really easy, all I need to do is order 15 plows and $1500 in parts and I can become a "full" dealer. as soon as I remember where I left that spare $50,000 lying around a dealer I shall be.

I did learn of 2 other dealers that are somewhat local so it wasn't a complete waste of a phone call.

5. a.paul

a.paul Member
    from NH

What's the difference between a "full" dealer and a dealer?

Reason behind my question is that the Hiniker dealer about 5 miles from me doesn't have 15 plows in stock (unless they're very carefully hidden or come with an optional cloaking device).

6. ultimatetrucks

ultimatetrucks Junior Member

You can be a sub-dealer (associate dealer). It is 410.00 + 1 plow and you must have 1 plow at all times to show and you would buy everything at the discount price from the dealer (factory direct hiniker dealer) that signed you up to be the sub. This is great for guys who don't want to do the 50,000 out and stick their neck on the line as I have. Let me know if you are interested can give you more info on it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  7. JEFFakaMAX

JEFFakaMAX Junior Member
    from Chicago

Yeah, what he said.

And since you are a full dealer do you have a web site, catalog, or some way I can order parts? I am feeling some sort of unexplained empathy for your aformentioned stuck out neck and feel it is my duty to send some currency your way.

Or it could be that I just need parts.

Pulled 4 of them down off the pallet racking last night, one of them got fairly "pillaged" last year.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  8. ultimatetrucks

ultimatetrucks Junior Member

Give me a call 317-745-8572.

9. Bob Henry

Bob Henry Junior Member

I am in the burbs also and have the same issue, but thankfully the Hinikers don't break down much. But three dealers are Rondo in Sycamore 815-899-4340, Tim Wallace in Plainfield 630-759-6813, and Arlington Power in Arlington Heights 847-241-1530. Tim Wallace is the biggest.

10. JEFFakaMAX

JEFFakaMAX Junior Member
    from Chicago

FYI Tim Wallace is no longer a Hiniker Dealer. Or so I was told by one of the phone lackeys.

CPW also seems to be carrying less than usual, and not selling any new Hinikers.

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Why you so worried? Hinikers dont break wesport

12. JEFFakaMAX

JEFFakaMAX Junior Member
    from Chicago

We have a guy who can break anything. I mean anything! Story for another time...

13. azandy

azandy Member

The last year or two, I've bought most extra plow parts and pieces over the phone or online. Have them shipped to my door in a day or two. Most plow parts stores aren't open at 2:00 AM. Just have a solonoid, some extra bolts, hoses made. Most important, A welder and a hot wrench - Will fix anything

14. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

Yeah what he said I have used one since 1997 and only ever had one hose fail.

15. nekos

nekos Senior Member

watch out for these guys. getting parts from them is one thing but if you plan on dropping a large chunk of change on some thing ... make sure they are your last resort.

16. topdj

topdj Senior Member

ya straight into a curb at 20mph might just bend something, If workers had to use there own truck and plow it would most likely last longer. :D