1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dealer told me...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by adforester, Oct 27, 2010.

1. adforester

adforester Junior Member

Hello everyone,
    Just called up a dealer about fisher prices. I need something cheap, but wouldn't mind settling on $2,500 for everything installed. I'm gonna be doing around 10 residents, maybe less, maybe more.
    I have an 06 F350 single rear wheel

I called up a local fisher dealer and he said the sd series would be too light for my truck. Is this true?? How could a plow be too light??

Anyone live in MA know of a good place to get blades?
  2. adforester

adforester Junior Member

On my f350 I notice when I put it from Drive to Reverse it takes a second to change and it hits when it gets in gear, is this normal for the 350s?
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The Fisher SD is to light for a F-350. If you get a Fisher it will have to be an HD or bigger. An 8' HD would be a good choise for your truck IMO.
  4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

That is a big truck for driveways

It weighs what, 7K-8K with a light plow you could bend it up like a pretzel and not even know it.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

$2500 for a plow installed?
    Hope you dont mind a used one
  6. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Couple options. Head up to New Hampshire and save on taxes!
    Lange's corner garage in Rye, NH Top notch service and best prices or
    Donovan Equipment Co. Londonderry, NH

I think a PlowSite member in Mass sells quite a bit of used fishers. Maybe someone can help with the name?
  7. adforester

adforester Junior Member

huh that'd be great to find out the used fisher in MA seller! Anyone know?
  8. adforester

adforester Junior Member

Also what should I look at for a used plow? ........Leaks?....faulty wiring.....

Am considering a snowdogg can get it for 3,500 new 8' with wiring etc. w/out instal
    3,800 w install
  9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here is the guy that sells/sold refurbished Meyer and Diamond plows in MA. I think he does some Fisher also. Haven't noticed him online lately so I don't know if he still does this or now. Might try sending him a PM and see if he does.