1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dealer tells me there are better

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c.t. lawn care, Jan 6, 2005.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

I e-mailed my plow dealer about a Boss v plow and he replied with,
    "There are better plows out. I personaly plow with a blizzard and then we have the snoway v plow." He asked me to come down to the shop and see a video of them fixing a Boss plow... i think the ceter shoe because i was talkin to him about that when he told me to come down... so what do you guys think? I mean is a snoway v plow really better than a Boss? I dont know if i want the Blizzard or not... still kind of thinking a v would be nice... what do you guys think?

2. crashz

crashz Senior Member

What truck is this going onto? My vote would be for a Blizzard 810 rather than any V plow. A guy down the street has a 810 and can clear a lot faster than anyone I've seen. He takes what looks like a full blade width on each pass without any trail off. I'd have to say it looks like the most versitile plow I've seen. The only drawback would be that the blizzard wouldn't break through drifts as easily. But drifts that need a V plow aren't found around here (unfortunately)!

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

If they're an authorized BOSS dealer, call up BOSS headquarters and notify them. Let another dealer take over and make money. BOSS's sell VERY well.

If you don't care about punching through deep drifts or opening up long lanes in deep snow, a Blizzard would probably be a better choice.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I"ve been looking at the snoway v just recently. I was worried that it wasn't being updated with the rest of their plows. Looks like a decent plow, although it doesn't completely make a v when in that shape. It looks to have a fixed center piece that is about 12"-14" wide.

5. swolff

swolff Junior Member

down pressure

If you back blade a lot you will like the snoway and it stacks higher. (imho) Other then that the boss will bust through deep dpw drifts to driveways and lots better.