1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dealer Support

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Fatality, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

We are looking to buy another V plow or straight blade. I'm stuck between a boss or western. This is not a debate on which is better but more so a dealer support. Our western dealer is .5 miles from our shop where as the boss dealer is about 45 miles. I know there have been some issues with the ultra mount 2 piece system but im leaning towards western just for the fact of how close the dealer is. Just wanting to get some imput on how much dealer support in the event something goes wrong in the middle of the night. Thanks

2. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

I think you answered your own question. I run all boss and love boss and wish I could talk you out of western.. lol, but if I was in your situation, I would probably go western just because of how close they are. :)

3. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

How reliable is that western dealer(aside from being .5 miles away)? How big is their inventory of parts?

4. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Western dealer is one of the biggest dealers in the midwest. So as far as inventory and staying open during snow they are pretty good i'd imagine. If only boss had a dealer closer :(

5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me like you want the Boss...Then get the Boss...Stock up on some basic parts Hoses,etc...and get The Boss....

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely. They make a nice emergency kit. Add a solenoid and there's not much left. What about car dealers or auto parts stores? Do they carry any Boss parts?

Until DD redesigns the hinge on the Vee, it's destined for failure IME

7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Boss it is, No other solution simple, Just Boss

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Branden, you know there is a Boss dealer in Eureka right? I would think thats less than 20 miles from you?..?.....I know one of my subs deals with them and has nothing but good to say about them.

Personally, if I were buying a new V, I'd probably go with the poly v-xt boss. For straight blades, I'd go with the western.

take care.
    Mike

9. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have (2) Ultra mounts and have not had any issues with the mounting system. What are the issues that you are refering to?