1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dealer pressure?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bjwlawncare, Sep 9, 2008.

1. bjwlawncare

bjwlawncare Junior Member
    from PA

they told me I could get a boss 8ft plow installed on a reg cab F-250 for 3995. They said they only 6 at that price. If I don't buy one of these before they go it will cost me more like 12 percent due to the cost of steel. Is it really that or are the newer boss plows better than the old ones?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Absolute fact. :nod:

Steel prices have driven up costs to all manufacturers of plows and spreaders.

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Every thing steel is going through the roof. We are getting letters everyday from manufacturers that their prices are going up. Fortunately, we have made buying decisions earlier in the year that allows us to keep some of our prices in line but once we are out of current inventory, prices will go up.

4. bjwlawncare

bjwlawncare Junior Member
    from PA

3995 is a good price then. The plow itself has been the same year to year. Thanks for the help guys.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They are giving you straight facts. When my pre-season order is gone everything's up.
    All my suppliers are up . Seven percent on average. Meyers E-47/E-60 alum. castings are though the roof. There are some products costing me more then they retailed for last fall. the hitch manufacturers are saying 9% on black iron but hope to hold prices though 09. I am almost out of revolutions and when this last one's gone prices rise. New orders are going to cost me more. freight is gone to cost me more. I cann't eat 7 and 10% increases.:nono:

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same here. Boss dealer said as of 9/8 the price was going up 10 -15 %

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats a really good price....i would def take it!:nod:

8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I'd rather have Down Pressure than Dealer Pressure! :D

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

You should buy a sno-way then cre.....i think toby might know a little about them!:nod:

10. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

well i dont really care... salt and fuel have driven up costs... i think you guys should eat the extra costs just like we all are..... :nono:

Im KIDDING of course. know if only snow way made a limited addition red plow.. that hooked up to my existing western mounts:p

11. WRIGHTTRAILERS

WRIGHTTRAILERS Member

It is 100% true. BOSS announced a 10% increase applying to any plows ordered after the pre-season. They actually tried to apply the charge in the middle of the pre-season in which case it would have applied to any dealers taking their loads after mid-july, but not to any dealers taking their plows before that time. A bunch of screaming and yelling got them to honor the pricing that they had already given to their dealers and which the dealers had already ordered at and agreed to. But they made it clear that the pricing would go up after the pre-season program ended and it did. That 10% does not include freight charges which are also additional to any plows ordered in-season, since the pre-season loads are shipped freight-free, but in-season plows are not, so the actual cost increase from pre-season is even higher than that.

Adam Caron
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma