1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dealer issues?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by WH2000, Dec 22, 2010.

1. WH2000

WH2000 Junior Member

I would like to know how many people have had problems with dealers. It seems that most of the issues that I read on here are about dealers not providing proper service. I am a dealer and in my neck of the woods we have Snowdogg, Boss, Meyer, Snoway, Arctic, Blizzard, Western, Curtis and Hiniker all within 5 miles of each other. If you do not give good service, you do not sell any plows or spreaders. One dealer doesn't do their own installs and as a result they have limited sales because customers don't want the hassel of a middle man. Most places here have loaner blades for downed customers and the companies eat the cost of 24hr service if it is a warranty issue. If the biggest problems are with dealers then Buyers needs to seriously scrutinize their network. Any customer with an issue that should be warranty should never have to make a call to Buyers. BAD DEALERS CAN RUIN FANTASTIC PRODUCTS.

Please post your experiences.

2. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Last year I purchased a MD75 from CPW and the second storm the controller quite working, so I called them sitting in my half plowed parking lot and they told me I would have to send the controller to them then they would send it to Buyers and if it was eligble for warranty they would send me a new one. Not what I was hoping to hear, I'm a scuba diver and have bought a lot of equipment from Dive Gear Express and when I got a bad spg from them I called and they said they would send a new one out today and include a prepaid envelope to send the bad one back. That is what I would of liked them to say but I guess companies have a different idea of customer service. My snow deflector cracked last week but I don't even want to call them about it, a friend of mine is now a Snowdogg dealer so I might just buy one from him. I like to say thanks again to Smoorman for helping me.

3. PerfiCut Inc.

PerfiCut Inc. Senior Member
    from Eastern

I wont get into too much detail here, since my previous thread was removed. But we have a number of distributors around me, and I think I have purchased atleast one item from just about all of them on atleast one occassion. Prices are fairly competative from what I've seen. Customer service is important for the reason you just stated.

Well I took a gander and went outside of my area last year to (a company I wont name....since the mods here apparently frown upon someone who speeks poorly of a company in an effort to convey the facts and inform the consumers). They were about an hours drive, but what I was going to spend it was well worth the savings of 2 or 3 thousand dollars. Anyhow, I had a warranty issue on two items that I bought. After calling them they made me wait 4-8 weeks for replacements. In the middle December this is not something you want to hear. There were probably 10 things they could have done to satisfy me none of which offered. Needless to say I got the run around for a while. I even had to pay to have the warrantied item shipped back to me. This year I am still having problems with the same items. They started jerking me around again, and when I started to get pissed they couldnt understand why. One thing led to another and some explicative words were exchanged. They refused to warranty the parts and sent them back to me. I ultimately contacted the manufacturers rep and he made arrangements for me to make my warranty exchange at a local reseller.

Needless to say a lesson learned and dealer I will never go to again. Probably $50k or more they will lose out from me over the next 3-5 years. But apparently they make so much money they dont care. I wonder how many people I can tell?

If you would like the full unedited version PM me. Ill be glad to tell you.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  4. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

dealers

I have no problems with the dealer that I deal with
    I have western plows and salt spreaders and salt dogg spreaders
    Everytime that I had and problem they solve my problem asap and I was back on the road working
    I did find out that if you use a local dealer you do get better service