1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dealer Failure in Snow Dogg Purchase

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by stretchy98, Feb 13, 2009.

1. stretchy98

stretchy98 Junior Member

Issues regarding Parkview
    2 Chevy Silverado’s 2008

(1) Bottom tab of front grill broken off right above electrical installation of one truck. No offer to repair or replace was ever expressed. More or less an oh well, “**** happens”
    (2) Truck 2, solenoid inside battery compartment making it impossible to install a spare battery in that truck without uninstallation of the plow solenoid and reinstall to reroute under the hood wiring.
    (3) NO GREASE was inserted into grease fittings. We were told that it wasn’t “necessary” to grease a grease fitting by both Stu and Paul.
    (4) Beefed up parts were delivered to Parkview however they decided and told us, “the parts arrived, but since we posted negative comments about the dealer install on the forum, they said F**k them, I’m not calling them, they can wait” So right there was their intention to play head games with us.
    (5) Used the whole good cop bad cop attitude. They continually blamed the manufacturer and told us that the manufacturer was not supporting our request for warranty work, however, we were in constant communication with the manufacturer and they supported our concerns 100%. So there again, blatant lying.
    (6) We believe the initial install of truck #1 was poorly done and therefore completely responsible for the malfunction of the plows to date.
    (7) When the plow was brought in and dropped off to be repaired under warranty by snow dogg, it sat on the ground outside for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and returned on Tuesday p.m. We had to follow up daily as they had no intention of keeping us informed as to their progress. Again, head games. They maintained it was an all day job to install a beefed up lifter arm and repair to recall “missing welds”. After that 5 day stint, after getting the plow back home, we noticed the “recall welds were forgotten” They did not even bother to do the welds after tying up the plow for 5 days.
    (8) They were OUTRAGED and wanted to wash their hands and not do ANY warranty work for us because they were flabbergasted that we posted negative feedback about the type of customer service we received, even after being told by Snow Dogg to perform this warranty work. They claim they have 10 hours work to do on any given day of hours, but also maintain Saturday’s they stay home and watch cartoons. I’m thinking if you have a 10 hour day, you might want to try working for 10 hours. In this economic climate, where people are looking for work, it amazes us that they can be THAT BUSY that they can afford to turn work away to watch cartoons? Is this just me or does this sound completely ridiculous.
    (9) Paul stated to me that he had to use a ¾” drive air impact gun to undo the stainless steel bolts when they were stripped. And since he was the one who assembled the bolts, HE was the one who stripped them.
    (10) Plow two dropped off for warranty work approved by Snow Dogg, Tuesday. Went back to pick it up Friday, they had not even touched it…left the warranty parts outside and we had to pick the parts up and install them ourselves. They claimed this was an 8 hour all day job…we did this entire job in 1.5 hrs. COMPLETE, for someone has never worked on a snow dogg plow in his life and had no air tools, and that plow sat outside on the ground from Tuesday to Friday. I called there to get a progress report…LOL…Thursday, and Paul said that they had to install a back rack on a truck, and that was somehow more important than servicing a customer who spent 10 grand at their business. What a joke.
    (11) Owner of Parkview, Stew, told us that he was the LARGEST DISTRIBUTOR OF SNOW PLOW EQUIPMENT IN CANADA, and to that we have to just laugh. Who would buy ANYTHING FROM THIS BUSINESS? Who?
    Hopefully after reading our posts and the quality and service we received at the hands of Parkview P.O. Box 292, St. David’s Ontario, www.snowplowparts.ca, you can decide for yourself. The sheer arrogance of these people in this day and age is unprecedented. Never Never Never have we seen or have been exposed to anything like it. If you want to buy a Snow Dogg plow, they do stand behind what they sell, but only to the degree the dealer will support the requested work. Once you deal with that kind of dealer arrogance, you are finished. You are on your own. They will sell you the plow, but after that, you’re on your own. You be the judge.
    You can feel free to p.m. me because this is only the “readers digest” of the entire Parkview experience. I’d be happy to share the entire experience with anyone who wants to hear.
    Caveat Emptor a.ka. Buyer Beware a.ka. BEWARE OF DOGG !
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Is there such thing as the Better Business Boru in Canada? Or the equivalent? If so report them. I assume you have reported this to snowdog? If not share with them they may consider dumping them as a distributor.
  3. stretchy98

stretchy98 Junior Member

Good Point

Yes I never thought of the Better Business Bureau, but yes I will do that too. Thank you for the tip.

Also, yes we did tell Snow Dogg of this and they are completely aware of what's going on there. Parkview tried to tell us too, that because of Snow Dogg, they weren't going to carry them anymore cause they are a pain in the neck, BUT, I believe that story might have been backwards. :dizzy: Ya think?

Thanks for the reply. It has been quite a challenge for us to say the least.
  4. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

In 2005 I bought 3 western V's and had problems with one, It got crazy and the dealer told me I was not welcome there any more. I got them back during a storm, I passed the shop at night they had about 8" in the lot, it all went in front of the doors. The pile was at least 6' high and just as long. The next morning I rode by and waved as they were digging out with shovels. The feeling I had when I saw how pi$$ed made it worth it.
  5. big_belly4ever

big_belly4ever Member

Apik lol i have been so mad at people at times and wanted to do that so badly an never had the nerve. im glad my boss dealer is great on service.
  6. PlowMaster4

PlowMaster4 Junior Member
    from USA

Many stories like stretchy's. You get vwhat you pay for bottom line.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You did.......
  8. stretchy98

stretchy98 Junior Member

Dude it's called pass it on

I bought from them blind. They sold plows, we wanted to buy a plow, we went there, they represented themselves to be honest and forthcoming, bada bing bada boom, NOT SO MUCH. My point is to stop anyone else from having to go through a similar experience with these peeps. Dah? :salute:
  9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Why did plowmaster dig up a thread from almost a year ago? Stretchy-how has the equipment been since then?
  10. stretchy98

stretchy98 Junior Member

Really my thoughts exactly! The plow is not so good. We have done many modifications to beef it up and all of the beef ups work and eventually we will have an entirely rebuilt plow. I don't recommend the product because we've had a bad experience all the way around and I'd just like to forget about it. It breaks, we fix it, life goes on. That's all I have to say about the product. As for the dealer, I believe I've made my point. Now let's put it to bed.