1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dealer dosnt believe me

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Jan 29, 2011.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

i have a brand new wideout 20 hours on it the pins that go through the rams in to the plow are 1/4 smaller than the hole on the plow but fit the rams perfect is there any info i can bring them to show them they are worng.

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you saying the holes on the ram need to be bigger?

Maybe worng pin? Check and verify correct part numbers for everything or ask them to do it.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds to me like the wrong rams and pins! If they fit the rams perfectly but 1/4 inch slop in the plow whole then you have the wrong rams. The holes in the plow and rams should be exaclty the same size. I just had a look at the parts book:

http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/50580.09_060109.pdf

They show P# 50672 base end and 50674 as the rod end pins. Unfortunately they don't say the size. You need to be more aggressive with your dealer. Western does make mistakes in their packaging sometimes and / or the dealer robbed these parts for someone else and then replaced them with the wrong ones. I wish we had one in stock & assembled to measure. If we get one in for service this week I will measure and let you know.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  4. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

going to check the part numbers i will let ya know by the end of the day

5. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

check the plow the rams have no part number or the pins but i will confirm that the pin fits in the ram 1/64 or less room for play and the pin in the plow is 1/4 100% took the tape out wtf no part number