1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deal?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by polarisfctyrcr1, Aug 2, 2009.

1. polarisfctyrcr1

polarisfctyrcr1 Junior Member
    from U.S.A.

Is this an ok price considering the price, condition, and whats included? Its a 7'6" unimount with wiring, controller, and mount brackets for $2500. I'm in the market for one but can't find any as clean as this one. Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not familiar with Western (yet, LOL) but I could never buy a Fisher in that condition for that money around here.

3. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

So ur saying good deal?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did they refurbish the pump too or simply paint and re-decal the moldboard and call it a day? Tough to call an at least 8 year old standard duty Uni-mount a "good deal" for $2500 regardless.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'd say paint and decals. Look at the eyebolts on the spring, never bothered to tighten them. There is black paint on a whole bunch of things the factory would have never painted. It is missing it's jack foot and the lift frame looks tweaked. the bolts holding the pump look like they have not been off, hard to "rebuild" a pump on the plow. also the lift frame cross member the Jack foot attaches to is twisted.

pull the motor off suck the fluid out and look inside the pump housing. that will give you an idea of how far they went on the pump rebuild.

6. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I don't think that is a good price, seems high to me

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

See, goes to show what I know......And what was I doing up at 2:30 anyway?

Good thing we have some guys here that know their stuff. B&B and Basher are the experts.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They did a good job. The cutting edgfe is decent, but far from new....although its painted to look new. Regardless, $2,500 is a good deal. In the used resale business, std's typically get more $$ than 7'6" pro's. Reason being, most trucks will hold pro's, but there's the certain ones that don't or the truck owners are scared to put a heavier plow on their truck. There's 10x more pros out there than std's.

That being said, I'd never push with a std, nor would I pay that much for one. BUT, I'd be able to sell it for much more. Its a $3k cash and carry all day long. Heck, the Dodge mount is worth about $400-450by itself. Subtract wiring and controller (new price) and you're closer to $1,500 for the plowside. Its a little early to be spending big money, but in a couple of months I won't be able to keep a used Unimount long enough for the paint to dry.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think the verdict points that way:nod: four to one with a neutral(i'd want to see the condition of the control and light harnesses etc.)

10. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

ok, what is this plow worth anymore than 2500? hes asking 3000 and i offered 2500.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The colder it gets the more it's worth, if you have the truck it fits.

12. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

yea i understand that. thanks alot, only thing is i dont have the truck for the brackets, thats why i offered 2500. I figure thats still a good deal for me isnt it?

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What truck do you have?

14. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I don’t think it is a good deal at all. I realize he has it painted up, but if it is not designed for your truck, you are looking at a good chunk of change for the proper wiring harness and truck side frame work.

I bought mine this spring. I had been looking off and on for one year. Depending on the time of year, yes they have more value...but not THAT much more. If it was a complete setup ready for you truck, I would say 2500 is not a bad deal, but still not great.

I find that the parts for a given truck when it comes to the uni-mount can be pricey, but the plows themselves can be found for somewhat reasonable. My advice is to keep looking for one that is for your combo. If not, you will have to do what I did and find all the pieces separately.

15. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

ic, what year would these dodge mounts fit if it came off a 2001?

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

94-02 all chassis'

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If they have only done cosmetic work you need to look at the front of the A frame. There is a large bolt that connects the A frame to the plow. These are famous for breaking while back blading. Have a look under the A frame and see how worn the hole is.

18. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

how easily can these plow mounts be modified to fit another model of truck?

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Which truck are you trying to put it on? If you are good at frabricating then it might not be too difficult but it would be easier to buy one. I'm not sure if you can buy a unmount mount any more. Usually if you are not installing a used plow on the same truck that it came from you end up spending too much on parts.

20. polarisfctyrcr1

from U.S.A.

i understand that, this is for a buddy of mine. I'm just trying to figure some stuff out for him. I have heard numerous times that pretty much any bracket can be modified in some way to make work with pretty much any truck. And yea the only way i to get a bracket is finding a used one