1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deal?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MZL, Sep 26, 2007.

1. MZL

MZL Junior Member

Got a quote from my dealer today, $4700 for new boss 8' straight installed. Is this a good deal or should I look for other places?

Thanks marc

2. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i got a 8'2" steel v-blade with smartlocks and with a mount and harness NOT installed for $4175 out the door. but it is getting more towards prime plow season so you prolly can't get that good of deal now. hope that helps

3. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

It sounds ok. There are alot of different factors involved with pricing like the market, the volume of plows that the dealer buys, and the overall overhead of the dealer. Dont get to picky because it will be getting colder soon (I hope) and if you wanted a better price the summer time would have been a good time to look for it with pre-season pricing.

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I have seen them online for under $4000. But you would have to do the install yourself. Ever thought about a gently used one? I picked up an 8' poly in excellent shape for $1700.

The deals are out there, just gotta search for them.

5. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

Picked up a used 8' steel smarthitch 2 for 1600 with everything

6. Fire46

Fire46 Junior Member

Just got a price quote yesterday from a local dealer on a still-in-box leftover 7'6 Super Duty straight blade for $3764 plus $475 for installation.

7. MZL

MZL Junior Member

im prb just gonna go ahead and get the plow. i wanna get it now because i dont feel like waiting till last minute. i was thinking about getting a used one, but im not someone who buys things used i always buy them new they last longer. and it is the prime season so i dont know how much cheaper i can expect them around my area.

thanks for the replys.

marc

8. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Its not hard to put em on....just a little patience and some tools.

Definately save the $400+ to pay someone else to do it.