1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deal or no deal

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DAZ982500, May 15, 2007.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

Found a 97 F250hd Crew cab 6' box.It has 197k he wants 6900 for it.The truck is in immaculate condiition very well maintained.It does have a 460 in it.I have a Hiniker 8' I want to mount on it.The question I have is this a good truck to pull landscape trailer and also to plow with.Obiviously it will consume alot of fuel.Was this a good year for this truck how much more life will or should I expect from it.I take good care of everything I own.Dave
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

My gas truck is parked and will stay perked till fuel prices get reasonable. That 460 will chew a hole in your wallet towing and plowing............
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you are using the truck to make a living then it is worth it. Can't worry about gas prices if that's your source of income.
  4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Noooo Deal
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like a lot of money for a truck with 197K on the 460. As much as people that drive trucks don't want to think about it, gas prices do determine a lot when buying a truck. I'm very happy with my V10 and it gets great mileage with the 3.73 gears. You might want to loof for a truck with the V10 if you like the large gas engine over diesels. I'll sell you mine if you want lol.
  6. ken119

ken119 Junior Member

As for the mpg, I just bought a 99 250 crew. It gets around 12 or 13. My old truck got around 15 or 18. I was asking the gas miser people the difference between a car that got 30 mpg compared to 25 mpg. They didn't say much. When its empty just fill it up. Can't control the gas prices. Kinda sucks but what are you going to do. As for the truck, lots of miles might nickle and dime you to death. You can always try to find one with half the miles for a little bit more money.