1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deal or no deal?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buswell Forest, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I also know nothing about this. If I was a big time operator, This would definitely save $$$ over a sidewalk crew. I can see this paying for itself in one season.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Guy didn't give any details, Gas/Diesel, 2wd/4wd, hours.
    Racket straps going for the spreader to cab look hokey and would lead you to think there are other hokey things done to it as well.

4. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Spreader looks like it's leaning back and not level. Guess he's aiming for distance? lol

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I've seen 3 or 4 of these things for sale and they all were big bucks but the one's I've seen in person were very nice set ups (just like this one). I bet that glass alone was 2k.

6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Nothing is bulletproof. Spreader looks like it was mounted kinda cheesy

7. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

How is it bullet proof? Can't get a flat tire. Why did it need new glass? No specs, hrs, The spreader is on machine with a coat hanger, :laughing: No other attachments, How about $4500.00 To $5K if you need it. Slow travel speed. I had a Toro GM similar to the JD. The seller has that thing priced like a Trackless, Bomby. Guys are buying toolcats for 10 to 12K that need a little reconditioning. JMO I don't see that a fair price.

8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

"it's a bullet proof idiot proof machine " Hasn't met my sidewalk crew evidently!:laughing:

9. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

You are Big time. Large is having 4-5 hun accounts or having the equipment to move large amount of acreage. I know guys got them machines with 1 or no truck and possibly sole route. I see no reason why somebody could not earn 15k plus first year specially with some attachments if you can see the work. That machine works good with blower, broom, etc. The Op's link the machine looks ..... rigged. I know its a working machine but is far from sweet,:laughing:

10. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Yes if it got wheels they can handle it. I heard this to many times and never comes out good.:eek: :laughing: