1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deal or no deal?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gallihersnow, Dec 18, 2012.

1. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3439473965.html

Give me your thoughts on this '06 6.0.

2. gallihersnow

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Looks real nice I think its worth it especially with the diesel.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Smoking deal for the mileage and year. I would buy it since i already know about the 6.br0s. Assuming you do too?

5. gallihersnow

I know the 03-04's had their issues, but from what I understand most of that was worked out by 2006.

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

If you can get me the vin# I can copy and paste for you an Oasis report and that will give you all history of warranty work for it. That would determine if it has been in and out of the dealer for B.S. engine work. My buddys 6.0 has a laundry list history whereas mine has two things on it. I work for Ford as a tech....I have access to the site and can get the info for you tonight if you wish.

7. alldayrj

My 03 has no warranty work on it, i bought it at 100k and did the oil cooler egr delete and coolant flush and filter. Has 145k now. Google on checking the egt eot delta. Take it on a test drive to a shop that can check it for you.

Could you run one for me too 07psdcrew??

8. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Get me the Vin# I'd be glad too...

9. alldayrj

Appreciate it, I'll pm it to you

10. gallihersnow

Thanks 07. I'll call the guy tomorrow and get the VIN.

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Ok Gall....Ill be watching the thread for you...

12. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Looks like a good deal..I paid 10.5 for my 02 without a plow last year, the diesels hold their value if you used that truck for a few years you could resell it and not lose much

13. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The egr delete and other things, lessen the risk of ownership that is the 6.0. The 7.3 is a better engine then the 6.0.

14. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

This statement is not true. They both have issues and are both good engines. I don't want to start a contest here now but the 6.0 is very reliable engine given proper maintenece is done. The 7.3 is more forgiving to poor maintenece practices. All 6.0 issues stem from shortcuts and poor maintenece. Going 10k on oil change, poor quality filters, not changing fuel filters regularly. I have 6.0's in my clientele that are 300 and 400k mile trucks. A 2006 truck is much better off than an 03 or an 04 but by now most issues with those are worked out. Another thing is letting them sit. Turbos don't like that much. There's a few good aftermarket company's that offer fixes for the 6.0 issues and they are tried and true... I'll admit, ford should've made the oil cooler a little different but it works very efficiently the way it is as long as the coolant isn't degrading. The coolant breaks down due to the high heat in the egr system. The oil breaks down due to high pressure in the injector system.

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Looks nice. Probably hasn't plowed squat.

16. gallihersnow

The VIN on the 06 F-350 is 1FTWF31PX6ED31475.

17. gallihersnow

The guy said he only used the truck to clear his 500' driveway.

18. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Ok. Checking now. Do you have an email? I can send it to you.

19. alldayrj

what interior does it have? I didnt say before but I paid $10k for mine 2003 with 100k on it, no plow, lariat interior crew cab 4wd. needed tires and a good cleaning.

I would take that deal

btw - took the dump truck home instead again, i'll get that vin to you soon though!

20. gallihersnow

Yup, send it to betsygalliher@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
    Chris